The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Anyway, in my world that meant the state showed up to make sure care in the hospital was happening appropriately and I got to spend 90min of my morning with those fine folks and my boss.
Sounds as though your state officials may be practicing their own CYA. Keep smiling, Dave.

2022 shave #230 (DE:47 SE:57 Str:125 Cart:0) - 1485 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Paladin Shaving Natchez Trace
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
Quinn Cucumber Mint
Nivea 2:1
Hermetico Source 1

Busy days. Busy DAYS boi! I found a nice silver lining. I'm back to the point of having enough stuff going on all the time I should start writing in my "to do" list book. This gives me a reason to ink up more fountain pens and bring an assortment to work. Also expecting the state to show up again today. They seemed disappointed to show up to our strike on Monday with no signs of a strike. We have scheduled picketing today so we think they want to see some action. Though there isn't a lot of action from a handful of family therapists.

Also, I passed by 4 years of shaving every day a couple of weeks ago.
ABC8239C-3C7C-4090-AE65-695E2851AC7A.jpeg

I'm back to the point of having enough stuff going on all the time I should start writing in my "to do" list book. This gives me a reason to ink up more fountain pens and bring an assortment to work.
Thankfully you haven’t developed that “doctor’s chicken scratch” type writing, otherwise I’d have called that a wasted effort 😜

If only Dave had a great SE razor like a Vector, he wouldn’t be relegated to using the Occam. And there is actually a physics theory about it, given two SE razors, and one is the Vector, shouldn’t you use it to give you the best shave possible?
I thought it was if a Vector is in a closed box it's dead and alive at the same time.

2022 shave #231 (DE:47 SE:58 Str:125 Cart:0) - 1486 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (2)
P&B Spitfire
Stirling synth
Quinn Cucumber Mint
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary talc
Bleu de Chanel

When you have the best SE razor on the market, you don't hesitate to use it twice in a row. Not sure what's going on, stomach aches and nausea in the middle of the night which have gotten a little better but still there. Ended up coming home to work after an early meeting to be close to the restroom. Enough about that. Hoping it gets better as we're going to see Jesse Cook tonight. He does Spanish guitar, but he's from Canada so there's a bit of an odd accent to it. This will be our 4th time seeing him and the kids actually enjoy it.
4D7919F9-F42D-4365-81B8-05756F48A539.jpeg

2022 shave #232 (DE:47 SE:59 Str:125 Cart:0) - 1487 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Wilkinson Sword stick
Stirling synth
Quinn Cucumber Mint
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

No pic today. We got home past my bedtime and I actually slept through the night. Yeah me! So I was in a bit of a rush this morning. Two quick passes and I'm left at a step below BBS. I did decide to treat everyone to my LV scent today. My boss offered for me to work at home if I still wasn't feeling well. Nice of her, but I have some meetings in person that I didn't want to miss. The way things are changing around here I think I'll be more involved in more stuff and need to be available. I've already been put on the Treat Management Team. Found out about that when I got a meeting invite I thought as a guest, but turns out I'm on the core team now. Anyway, this Ombre Nomade is insane. Yes, it's not cheap, but if you're using more than 3, 1/4 sprays it's too much. It lasts and projects like crazy and will take forever to use up.

Concert last night was good. My wife was hoping she might be able to talk to someone to have our youngest meet him. Jesse did a video during COVID where people sent in video clips of them singing or playing along and he quilted them all together. The youngest was featured in it so she was hoping for a picture. Security said no dice. I should have thought of having her tell them we know Sam, a national treasure in the chess world. But I thought of that too late.

6 days since I've bought a watch.

Saturday:
2022 shave #233 (DE:47 SE:59 Str:126 Cart:0) - 1488 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Schick Proline (5)
Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Saponificio Varesino 2.0 two-band 26mm Manchurian High Mountain White badger knot in Ziricote handle
Quinn Cucumber Mint
Saponificio Varesino Cubebe AS

This mess of a shave posted on video
ED5A9479-F9A0-4930-9D78-70ABA7A9F0A0.jpeg

7 days since buying a watch

2022 shave #234 (DE:47 SE:59 Str:127 Cart:0) - 1489 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Schick Proline (6)
Strop Shoppe Russian Tea
Chisel and Hound
Quinn Cucumber Mint
Mark Buxton Nameless

This much better shave also on video but I forgot to take a pic.

8 days since buying a watch

2022 shave #234 (DE:47 SE:59 Str:127 Cart:0) - 1489 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Schick Proline (6)
Strop Shoppe Russian Tea
Chisel and Hound
Quinn Cucumber Mint
Mark Buxton Nameless

This much better shave also on video but I forgot to take a pic.

8 days since buying a watch
he replaced it with a Coffee maker

2022 shave #235 (DE:47 SE:59 Str:128 Cart:0) - 1490 days of consecutive shaving
Kamisori w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Talbot Marlogue Wood
TSC Legacy
Quinn Cucumber Mint
Talbot Marlogue Wood AS

Fun Zoom call last night though I felt the whole time like middle schoolers would have fit right in. Sweet shave today with super smooth BBS, but I paid for it with an overall alum sting. I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention. Just when you think you're shaving with on pressure, you still aren't. I also briefly caught the edge of the skin flap from Saturday, but no blood no foul on that one.

We have a new "interim" CNO/CNE starting today. She has two weeks overlap with the current one. Which much be odd for them. I have a meeting with her tomorrow where I have to decide how honest to be.

9 days since buying a watch
453E4945-87E1-4243-A78C-B36FD127626F.jpeg

Back