The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2022 shave #216 (DE:44 SE:54 Str:117 Cart:0) - 1472 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Wizamet (2)
Sapone Di Paolo Bosco
Muhle Rocca
Quinn’s Pink Grapefruit & Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Le Labo The Noir 29

Yep, back at work. Leadership is changing, we're changing "sister hospitals", and it's contract negotiation season so strike talk is all the rage. This means there will be a lot of changes, uncertainty, and me watching what views I share in public. But I'm back to good coffee in my office, so things aren't all bad.
6D45F256-4BA1-4B57-AFF6-790DD26C9ABE.jpeg

2022 shave #217 (DE:44 SE:55 Str:117 Cart:0) - 1473 days of consecutive shaving
Occam Oren w/ Feather Proguard (6)
ToBS Grapefruit
AP Flat Top
Quinn’s Pink Grapefruit & Orange Rind
Tommy Bahama St Barts

Hey, you guys ever seen this razor? It's gotta be the best SE out there! Best since sliced bread, and I bet you could slice bread with it! Whoooeeee.

Going out to dinner with my now ex-boss and the directors from her side of the world now to celebrate my graduation. I would prefer just heading home after work, but you can't turn down stuff like that. Looking forward to Gear letting me know tomorrow is Friday. Saturday we're headed up to Napa as my wife signed up to test drive electric BMWs. I'm scooting along for lunch at one of our favorite places and to smell the air from the best wine country on earth.
CF13F9A2-955E-4DD6-A159-A7EBCCF11DBC.jpeg

2022 shave #218 (DE:44 SE:55 Str:118 Cart:0) - 1474 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Schick Proline (1)
Grooming Dept
Honeycomb blue
Quinn’s Pink Cucumber and Mint
Tom Ford Oud Minerale

Well, Mr @GearNoir will have to pick himself up some of this soap. It's a dead-on match for the Oud Minerale. Good smelling stuff for sure.

It's Friday, but I'm not entirely looking forward to getting home. Last night I was called into the girls' bathroom because "someone" clogged the toilet. Of course, they all claim it was working fine when they used it. Draining just fast enough yesterday I couldn't plunge too long at once, but slow enough I knew it would totally clog as soon as someone gave it the business as @Majorrich would say. Poured a bunch of bleach in (I dunno, years ago I thought it sounded like a good idea for breaking things down and it's worked many times) but no dice. Decided to see what a soak overnight would do. Get the text this morning that it's clogged and this time it's not pretty. I have a feeling someone flushed something they shouldn't and I'll be bailing out and removing a toilet when I get home.
FD6BCEA0-DB0B-4A90-B841-80D986DB8A0E.jpeg

Back