The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Hopefully, it'll be resolved with the plunger. Since you've studied poop in school, and recently Mastered in the science of Poopology, this looks to be a solvable problem opportunity.

Seriously, Dave, I hope this is an easy fix for you.

They have snakes designed for toilets now; they're teflon coated and have a rubber elbow so as to not scratch anything ..... supposedly.

Hopefully, it'll be resolved with the plunger. Since you've studied poop in school, and recently Mastered in the science of Poopology, this looks to be a solvable problem opportunity.

Seriously, Dave, I hope this is an easy fix for you.
I just need a stronger acid!

I just need a stronger acid!
You ought to check with @BarberDave. I'll bet he has the good stuff. See below:

Well, Mr @GearNoir will have to pick himself up some of this soap. It's a dead-on match for the Oud Minerale. Good smelling stuff for sure.
Nice! I’ve been out of the Grooming Department loop for a while now. Good to see Mo still chugging along!

2022 shave #219 (DE:44 SE:55 Str:119 Cart:0) - 1475 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Schick Proline (2)
Wholly Kaw Fern Concerto
Chisel and Hound
Quinn’s Lavender
Nivea 2:1
Wholly Kaw Fern Concerto AS
Penhaligon’s English Fern Talc
Penhaligon’s English Fern EdT

Well today took a hard left turn that I could see coming yesterday, but it’s all good. As I was headed home yesterday my wife called asking where I was because she got a call from the cheer camp the youngest was at that she hurt her ankle and needs to go to the ED for X-rays, crutches, and a boot. Cutting to the quick, my wife went to get her and I called when they were on their way to urgent care. Now this is down in the South Bay so by the time she got her from camp was probably 90 min+ since the injury. Is it wrapped? Nope. Is there swelling? Nope. Then why the f are they getting x-rays and thinking crutches are needed? This was a huge camp with professional trainers that assessed her. Well anyway, no break. She gets a brace and asks to go back to camp to do what she can because of the money it cost us. Boy, I miss the days of ice it for 15min and walk it off.

This morning I start with a glorious shave partially picked for a non-offensive scent since my wife would spend most of the day in the car with me on our trip to Napa. After a nice breakfast and coffee I touch base with the youngest. She is NOT happy. It hurts and all the girls on her team are being bigger b****es than they usually are. Napa lunch reservation is canceled and we go get her.

On the way home we take her out to lunch right down the street from where my wife tells me Toppers Jewelers has moved across the street to a new location. Now, for those of you that don’t follow the cadre closely, B Dave tipped me about Toppers as a place he’s done watch business before and my wife got me last years Father’s Day present. Had to take a look. Oooooh soooo pretty. B Dave would cream his jeans in there.

Now I’m out on the deck with some headphones exploring Spotify. Pretty good day all around.

DFC555AA-FDC0-4128-96B7-2BDAB66742AC.jpeg

Well first - awesome shave - especially since the soap is a tip of the hat towards Eau Sauvage - one of the greats!

Now onto the important stuff - the Bedouins call you Abu El Banat - Father of Daughters - I think the toughest job out there!

Sorry about the change in plans. I got thrown on a complete tangent about someone diagnosing a mild sprain as ED.

Now I’m out on the deck with some headphones exploring Spotify.
Sorry for your daughter's injury - glad it wasn't serious. I had so many sprained ankles as a kid I was applying my own Ace wraps in grade school. Nice finish to what sounds like a long day.

2022 shave #220 (DE:45 SE:55 Str:119 Cart:0) - 1476 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S / Wilkinson Sword (3)
Stirling Texas on Fire
RazoRock synth
Quinn’s Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Stirling Texas on Fire AS
Le Labo Patchouli 24

Yesterday was about unobtrusive scents. Today I plan to spend most of the day on the deck so I went the opposite way. BOOM! Not only that, but I could say it’s a tribute to Texas’ most elusive cadre member joining the zoom call today.

School is starting up this week so starts the volunteering. My wife has a hard time saying no, so of course she gets asked a lot. When she got the injury call Friday, she was meeting with the person she’s taking over the PTO newsletter from. So this morning she off to finish that, and then nail and hair stuff. Which means I’m left to my own devices 😇.

A3CF5D86-A2F4-47B0-AAFF-BA0EF6DE77E9.jpeg

Back