The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

The Apollo program was the tip-top of the space program. And 11 was the tippymost tip-top. Everyone involved in that one mission should be honored every July 20th. (in case you couldn't tell....I'm a huge Apollo fan and a fan of NASA in general)

Great shave and I'll have to look for that soap.
Ironically, I was vetoed in using Apollo as my daughter's middle name. I still think it was a great idea.

Actually super mild and effective. It's very surprising. You don't feel the blade at all.
My very first razor was a Techmatic. I didn't quite grasp the concept of a light touch, so I sliced my face to pieces with it. It was very effective at that, with the nice wide head. Fortunately, I only needed to shave every week or two.

Where do you get the cartridges?

Of course. Are they still manufactured somewhere, or are they a nonrenewable resource? I remember when they were in every drugstore.
No, I have never seen new production ones. Stock up while you can! I have a few cartridges and with each having several sections and each section having several shaves on it. Lets see, that's a few x several x several = good enough I guess.

2022 shave #203 (DE:42 SE:53 Str:107 Cart:0) - 1459 days of consecutive shaving
Kamasori w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Speick stick
Honeycomb blue
Quinn Cucumber Mint
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Sartorial

The youngest had a friend to sleep over last night. They are normally quiet, but teen girl giggles are loud enough in a quiet house to wake me up at 1:30 in the morning. Now I spend a grey foggy day at work needing a nap!
9D271C0D-5202-4C80-9DCC-F6318003B10D.jpeg

2022 shave #203 (DE:42 SE:53 Str:107 Cart:0) - 1459 days of consecutive shaving
Kamasori w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Speick stick
Honeycomb blue
Quinn Cucumber Mint
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Sartorial

The youngest had a friend to sleep over last night. They are normally quiet, but teen girl giggles are loud enough in a quiet house to wake me up at 1:30 in the morning. Now I spend a grey foggy day, while on the forum, and while looking for watches…. At work. I need a nap and another watch
FTFY

This was quoted from BarberDave’s in collaboration with the Central Enablement Center , best selling novel “The Zen of the Watch, Or how to empty your wallet faster than a sweep second hand
Far be it from to question the sages in the CEC. Remember, I am a minimalist at heart. Interesting that the book is a work of fiction. ;)

I only have one face yet more than one razor...
Different issue for another day. Are you avoiding the question, sir?

Back