The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2022 shave #198 (DE:42 SE:51 Str:104 Cart:0) - 1454 days of consecutive shaving
Kamasori w/ Feather Proguard (1)
SV Desert Vetiver
Chisel and Hound
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
SV Desert Vetiver AS

What a lovely way to start the weekend. I should have gotten more sleep, but made poor choices. But what a lovely smooth shave I got with the Kami. Then I came up, made my coffee and a breakfast sandwich and sat on the deck for the perfect view. The fog in the distance is so low the hills are sticking out of it. The bird feeder was full of our friends. And there were 6 hawks closer than they have ever been and had to have spent a least 10 minutes slowly circling. Fun to watch.

Oh ya, and for the cherry on top I posted a video it brighten all of your Saturdays as well!
8E75E86D-B152-4BAB-8820-5ECBDEA4D662.jpeg

Sunday:

2022 shave #199 (DE:42 SE:51 Str:105 Cart:0) - 1455 days of consecutive shaving
Kamasori w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Tallow + Steel Sicily
Honeycomb Blue
Quinn Lavender
Atelier Cologne Vetiver Fatal

44424BD6-405E-426A-9B9C-C2551F858781.jpeg

2:1 intrigues me as a possible wife-friendly splash. If I see it at a reasonable price, I'll give it a try.
Gotta search it out on the bay. Right now there's a place for $15 and $7 shipping from Bulgaria. I thought about buying a bunch to pass on to others. But US shipping is so much it would probably cost people the same to just buy themselves from Bulgaria.

Gotta search it out on the bay. Right now there's a place for $15 and $7 shipping from Bulgaria. I thought about buying a bunch to pass on to others. But US shipping is so much it would probably cost people the same to just buy themselves from Bulgaria.
Thanks, Dave. $22 to try something out? I'm too frugal. The DSC costs $8/tube. That means the 2:1 would need to be nearly 3x as good to make it worth my while. If it were more readily available for a bit less, I'd probably go for it.

2022 shave #201 (DE:42 SE:52 Str:106 Cart:0) - 1457 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Talbot Marlogue Wood
Graydog Education History
Quinn Cucumber Mint
Scents of Wood

@MilkCrate is hungry for my deets. Well, today is it. Kind of, but not totally or officially. We give our presentations publically on our school projects. A whole 8 minutes of which I'm only using 6. We still have one more class in two weeks, but for the most part, everything is turned in for me. Others are still working on their final papers. And we don't walk in a ceremony until December, but we officially have our degrees in about a month. So I'm sort of treating today as the day. Used my education history brush made from a timber over 100 years old from an old school house and I'm carrying a watch that's over 100 years old as well. More deets on that in the watch section. My presentation is pretty early in the 5-hour long ordeal, so I'll be opening the Ocotmore I bought over a year ago for when I was done with school and chilling out listening to the others drone on and on.
FB72C126-4785-49B5-AA59-951F82850E82.jpeg

Back