The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Ya well, live and learn. ;)

Actually, when I worked on the floor with kids I wouldn't wear a white coat and many parents said "Hi doctor" just because I was a guy.
I bet some women doctors who even had on a coat were called nurse too !! Just because they were Women ...

Ya well, live and learn. ;)

Actually, when I worked on the floor with kids I wouldn't wear a white coat and many parents said "Hi doctor" just because I was a guy.
What do they call you when you wear the white skirt?

Congratulations, Dave! It's a great feeling to finish up. Pretty soon you'll have those initials after your name. In our profession, there's some job security with it. (y) (y)

2022 shave #202 (DE:42 SE:53 Str:106 Cart:0) - 1458 days of consecutive shaving
Gillette Techmatic / razor section #8 (3)
Eleven Apollo
Stirling synth
Quinn Cucumber Mint
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Endymion

Today is a big day. Not only are we celebrating the Apollo moon landing, but my daughter turns 16. I won't see her until tomorrow and we're going to an amusement park on Saturday per her request. We also have The Joint Commission on-site today which is the hospital equivalent of constable @Spider. Just a short survey for our stroke program, but it's always a big deal when they are up in your business. And then I meet my wife up in the city as she's taking me out to dinner to celebrate the practical if not the actual end of my master's program. My parents and sister also dialed into the Zoom yesterday to watch my presentation and then my parents called last night for congratulations. They also aren't waiting for our actual graduation ceremony to present a gift which is something I've posted a picture of in the cadre that I'm interested in. (That should create enough suspense for Dave)

BEC819E4-DA01-4FBC-9B61-86EEF3BF5E0F.jpeg

Sounds like a great couple of days, ALL AROUND! How does the Gillette Techmatic shave? I never took the leap to try one.

The Apollo program was the tip-top of the space program. And 11 was the tippymost tip-top. Everyone involved in that one mission should be honored every July 20th. (in case you couldn't tell....I'm a huge Apollo fan and a fan of NASA in general)

Great shave and I'll have to look for that soap.

Back