The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2022 shave #197 (DE:42 SE:51 Str:103 Cart:0) - 1453 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Murphy & McNeil Olde Bushmalt
Paladin Brush of Shame
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Marc-Antoine B683

So, the smell of grapefruit does not go with the malty scent of this soap at all. It was a harsh and unpleasant contrast to be sure. But I corrected it and now smell lovely.

I have a love/hate with the birdfeeder I have outside. Well, not with the feeder itself, but the results of having one. We get a large variety of little birds every day which is enjoyable entertainment and a nice little visual. But, they poop. On top of the feeder and alllllllll along the top rail of the deck and directly below it. There is no hose bib up there so it's not a simple task washing it off. And I seem to have to fill the feeder more than weekly during the summer. I order online and figured out we go through about 60lbs every 3-4 months. So as we were running out at home I toyed with just not buying any more and taking down the feeder when we ran out. But then the feeder got low and we only had like 1-3 birds at a time instead of upwards of 7-8. Missed those little guys, so in went my order for 2 big bags of basic feed and 3 bags of sunflower kernals.
C54FE647-5E6D-4632-A56C-27BAA6FFEA4E.jpeg

It’s a cruel pecking order.
giphy.gif

the smell of grapefruit does not go with the malty scent of this soap at all
1657904837859.gif

Grapefruit - like all citruses - goes with everything…….

1657904914415.gif

Two examples…..

1657904959614.jpeg
1657905089539.png

How can things such as a Big Texan or a Winterized Penicillin (which contains, among other things like wonderful grapefruit juice……..that sweaty Smokey swill you called Scotch) be bad???

1657905190058.gif

Back