The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2019 shave #362 (DE:166 SE:128 Str:68 Cart:0) - 512 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (2)
Stirling synth
CBL Christmas Memories
Thayers Lemon
Nivea post shave balm
Terre D’Hermès

Been a busy few days. Christmas was good with all the family together and no rushing to get anything done and no major drama. Big yummy meal.

2019 shave #362 (DE:166 SE:128 Str:68 Cart:0) - 512 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (2)
Stirling synth
CBL Christmas Memories
Thayers Lemon
Nivea post shave balm
Terre D’Hermès

Been a busy few days. Christmas was good with all the family together and no rushing to get anything done and no major drama. Big yummy meal.
Now it matches. I skim read and thought you'd posted today's :cool:

2019 shave #363 (DE:167 SE:128 Str:68 Cart:0) - 513 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (3)
Stirling synth
The Club Black Birch Stout
Thayers Lemon
Nivea post shave balm

Not much variation here. When I get home I’ll whip out a few videos with new stuff. It will be my first use of Paladin soap.

Last day up in Portland and just chillin’. Hitting the Mongolian BBQ for lunch. Haven’t been to one of those for a long time and should be delicious. Just family and games the rest of the day I believe. Then up and at em eeeeeearly in the morning.

Love Mongolian BBQ. There’s one particular chain in NorCal called Hula’s that has excellent sauces! Glad you’re getting R&R!

Sunday's shave:

2019 shave #365 (DE:169 SE:128 Str:68 Cart:0) - 515 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (1)
TSC Legacy
Paladin Natchez
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1

Video posted

2019 shave #366 (DE:169 SE:129 Str:68 Cart:0) - 516 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (4)
RazoRock synth
Oz Fullmoon
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Le Labo Patchouli 24

Well, here we are again. Back at work. Give me a minute to get adjusted to this. Had my breakfast, finishing up coffee. And will eventually have to tell myself to get something productive done. Reached for an old friend in the RX today. Not a lot of whiskers to remove with a later morning shave yesterday, but just needed to use something other than a DE again and was dragging a bit too much for a straight shave. @Spider asked what I thought of Fullmoon. I like it. The performance of Oz soaps has always been in the top tier for me. The scent I almost hesitate to say anything about. It's not straight forward, that's for sure. And any time you start throwing words like "different" around people tend to think you weren't thrilled with it. It is a complex scent and I'll be using it again for sure. I mentioned in my video yesterday I couldn't place all the notes and I still can't. I get a whiff of rootbeer from time to time and assume that's the anise, but it's in a good way. I don't like black licorice scent and I like this. I think it adds some of the darkness and spice scent to it. Other than that my description would be generic like dark, spicy, resin, wood, warm.

Yesterday was trying not to do too much yet get some things done. Ran kids all over for some time with their friends. Got some time just with my wife to exchange a gift and we ended up picking up some fancy cheeses for New Year's night. We thought about heading up to Napa for a concert, but will just spend the night at home with a good wine and binge watching I imagine. I do need to get some coffee roasted soon. I have my new set-up at work, and still nothing to brew with it. I might just break down and get some beans from the store.

Last edited:
Nice. I find it difficult to describe as well. To me it's blended to the point that I don't pick up many individual notes. It's on the darker side, but not as dark as Hallows, Alchemist, or Fougere Gothique,,,, but it fits in with them nicely. I'll just take the Dave in KY route and say that I like it, LOL. That is one scent I would love in an EdT.

Last edited:
Back