The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2019 shave #354 (DE:160 SE:127 Str:67 Cart:0) - 504 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
Stirling Christmas Eve
Thayer's Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Stirling Christmas Eve AS
Imaginary Authors Cape Heartache

Score! Another three pass BBS shave with the SS. Gotta not chase audible feedback, bring the razor more around to the front of the neck in the last pass and not worry about shaving with more than just a little portion of the blade on the last pass. If your face is exactly like mine, I gave you the equation for success right there. Guys, I am a walking tribute to Christmas. Mercy, even Mrs Clause must be talking about how good I smell! Totally bringing this soap on the trip. The only problem is I don't have a space in my travel kit for full-sized aftershaves. But it has to come along.

Hump day. I would like a downhill slide to next week, but today and Friday I have meetings that include someone I have disagreements with on some basic issues we need to work out and she isn't too collaborative in finding solutions. These decisions will end up including others, but I just dread having to weather the conversations with her and the condescension she likes to bring to them. She probably won't even enjoy how great I smell!

Tell her to get over it. If you can communicate professionally in a professional setting everybody loses.

As good as you smell, you might infuse some Christmas Spirit to the meeting and find your adversary a bit more ‘pliable’.

2019 shave #355 (DE:160 SE:128 Str:67 Cart:0) - 505 days of consecutive shaving
Gillette Techmatic / razor section #10 (5)
Paladin Harlequin something boring
The Club Oriental Oud
Thayer's Lemon
Tom Ford Oud Minerale

I had another shave in mind using the Techmatic, but I was going to do that one on camera. I got the crud last night so I'm dragging and not camera ready. Decided to go with the Techmatic anyway. If you have not tried this, you really should. It's again one of those things I don't know why I don't use it more often. I guess I view it as a novelty razor, but this thing produces. And produces BBS without any irritation at all. I probably need to move the blade to the next section at this point. But there was like NO blade feel. Almost no audible feedback and yet, hair was being removed. Oh ya, and I smell great again.

Is there a Brush of Shame-like story here? You can’t say that about one of their nicest handle choices! 😲
The colour is nice, but the handle shape is super boring and I don't like the knot. Got it in a lot on a BST and regret it.

2019 shave #356 (DE:161 SE:128 Str:67 Cart:0) - 506 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Israeli Personna (2)
RazoRock synth
Oz Winter
Thayer's Lemon
Atelier Cologne Philtre Ceylan pure perfume

I'm taking the 6S with me and couldn't ditch the blade with only one use left so had to use it. I think I'll be okay tossing it after this because the 6S just really needs the Feather.

Now it's the downhill slide. Two meetings and a phone interview until I'm done until after Christmas with the exception of occasional emails and such. My boss had a family emergency and will be leaving Saturday as well leaving only one leader for the department so I feel more obligated to stay in touch. Hoping for just wet weather on the way up and no snow. Can you tell I'm excited to get outta here?

Back