The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

I say keep up the nap tradition you’ve created this last week! Just put an “In meeting” sign up on the door and close the shades.

Nice. I find it difficult to describe as well. To me it's blended to the point that I don't pick up many individual notes. It's on the darker side, but not as dark as Hallows, Alchemist, or Fougere Gothique,,,, but it fits in with them nicely. I'll just take the Dave in KY route and say that I like it, LOL. That is one scent I would love in an EdT.
Now you get it......

2019 shave #367 (DE:170 SE:129 Str:68 Cart:0) - 517 days of consecutive shaving
Super Speed w/ Israeli Personna (1)
TSC Legacy brush
PdP 63
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Stirling Texas on Fire EdT

Good thing I looked at a few new posts before I got out of bed this morning. I forgot the cadre focused shave for today. Didn't really have to do much out of the ordinary because I can attribute a ton of what I have to the cadre. And many days I think how cool it is that I know the people that made, gave or "encouraged" me to have what I'm using. Especially when you take the enabler effect into account. @Majorrich gifted me the razor and the alum last Christmas. @Smattayu made the brush. @DocHoliday0831 gifted me the soap a few Christmases ago. And of course Stirling and @Joe Hackett to finish it off.

Wednesday's shave:

2020 shave #1 (DE:0 SE:0 Str:1 Cart:0) - 518 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (4)
TSC Legacy brush
Paladin Tobacco Road
Alum
Thayers Lemon

Video posted

2020 shave #2 (DE:0 SE:0 Str:2 Cart:0) - 519 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Sorrentino Oregon State
A&E Revolution
Alum
Thayers Lemon
A&E Revolution AS

When I saw Dave had picked Revolution as one of his 5 soaps to keep I knew I needed to pull it out and be reminded what it's all about. I think I likely just burnt myself out on the slew of cologne copy type soaps. I like it, but I remember liking it more. Probably just a cycle thing. I'll focus on smoke, pine and leather for a while then head back to those others and citrus. Good soap though. Hey look, 100% of my shave this year have been straight shaves!

Got a couple of things done around the house yesterday. Not a lot and that's okay. If you saw my last video, the update for CoD finally finished downloading after 10pm. So I only played it for like 10min and headed to bed. I clearly need to schedule some time with it tonight!

2019 Shaving Year in Review

This year was marked with less variability in my hardware than past years. Getting old and settling down I guess. I need to either get rid of the stuff that wasn't touched or pull it out and use it this year.

Top 3 razors by use:
Blacklands Vector - 74 shaves
Feather SS - 63 shaves
Rockwell 6S - 62 shaves
runner-up Asylum RX - 47 shaves
This shows the lack of variation in what I'm grabbing. The top 3 are one from each type of shave. It also shows when the Vector taking over once it entered things with it having almost a month more of shaves than the RX.

Top 3 DE razors by use:
Rockwell 6S - 62 shaves
Timeless - 31 shaves
Super Speed - 30 shaves

Top 3 blades by use:
Feather Proguard - 116 shaves
Feather - 96 shaves
Schick Proline - 68 shaves
Again no surprise here as the Proguard is exclusively used in the SS and the RX. The Feather is my go to in the 6S, Super Speed and Psycho. And the Proline is the exclusive blade for the Vector.

Congrats on the long stretch of straight razor shaves. :LOL:
Thanks! It's another non-sense number to shoot for I guess. How long can I keep it at 100%? I'm betting only 1-2 more days, but we shall see! I really am interested in seeing how plate 4 or 5 on the 6S feels again too.

I haven’t tried to find out if the 6c and 6s are the same aside from the finish or not, but the 4 plate on my 6c is right in the sweet spot for me. I haven’t dared to try 6 yet, since 5 was pretty unpleasant.

I haven’t tried to find out if the 6c and 6s are the same aside from the finish or not, but the 4 plate on my 6c is right in the sweet spot for me. I haven’t dared to try 6 yet, since 5 was pretty unpleasant.
Dave let me try out his 6s and I made it a goal to try all the plates. Funny thing is I found one right in the middle, 4 I think, that was really rough but the rest were really good.

2020 shave #3 (DE:0 SE:0 Str:3 Cart:0) - 520 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Stirling synth
CBVl Roasted Oatmeal Stout
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Marc-Antoine B683

3 for 3! A little irritation on the cheek which is unusual and felt like the blade needed to be replaced. This one had been in the razor for a little while and the SS sits on the counter and gets moved so I'm somewhat suspect if it gets banged up from time to time.

Working on uploading a little project which should be a fun little watch. But since I goofed off doing that this morning, I need to get some work done! Well, after coffee.

Hey Dave just checking out your 54321 vid. Glad you found the RazorMaster, I can't deal with it because of the performance, but the scents really are good.
Just so you know Toivo is pronounced Toy Vo it's a women's name, it means hope.

Back