The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

So...... I had thought off and on about playing someone else's video in the background while recording a shave. Never did it and @Dave in KY beat me to doing it. So I figured I should get another idea I had. Adding commentary to someone's shave video! And what a video it is. 3, three, THREE cadre members in one!

2020 shave #4 (DE:0 SE:0 Str:4 Cart:0) - 521 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Paladin Honey Noir Oscar 28mm
Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch AS

Shave was better after the change of blade. I’m at that plateau with the SS where I wonder with the anatomy of my neck if I’ll actually be able to get a DSBBS. But history shows you just give it more time and things will click into place when you’re not looking.

Chore day today. My wife ran over a brick with the SUV and I’m at the tire shop having the flat looked at. Hoping it’s not a rip and we’ll be buying two new tires. Later it’s packing up Christmas decorations and the my sous vide equipment should be showing up. Have some steaks waiting to give it a try if it gets here soon enough. More 5,4, 3, 2, 1 videos while I wait.

2020 shave #6 (DE:0 SE:0 Str:6 Cart:0) - 523 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Stirling synth
CBL 3 Pines
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Imaginary Authors Cape Heartache

I doubt I'll keep going that long, but I just figured out if I can get this SS streak up to 15, that will be 200 straight shaves. It ain't much, but it ain't nothing. I'm dragging my feet on some home chores. One of which is reorganizing my soap again. I think I'll have to dedicate an under-bed box to one or two brands to open up a big space in the drawer.

Back to the 5 day work week. Sad. And I forgot my coffee beans so I'm on Keurig today. Sad again.

Nice work on the shaves! I can relate to the 5 day work week.
I know people with a lot of PTO can go through streaks of taking every Friday or Monday off for a while. I think I'd like to throw in some Wednesdays as well. Weeks like that you're never having to make it more than one more day.

Back