The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2019 shave #357 (DE:161 SE:128 Str:68 Cart:0) - 507 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (3)
RazoRock synth
T+S Merry
Thayer's Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon’s Opus 1870

@dkeester was kind enough to PIF me this soap. T+S is pretty polarizing in that the scents are on the strong side and usually fairly complex. I wasn’t drawn to them at first but now have enjoyed several of them. Merry is a pretty dark scent. I get note of mint, but not peppermint. Interesting. Bummer is I reacted to this one. I got the tingling on the first pass and stinging on the 2nd. Had to stop after that. Kind of odd, I think this is only the 2nd soap I’ve reacted to. Did get darn close to BBS even with just the 2 passes.

Pretty decent drive up to Portland today in almost record time. Lots of fog in California and rain in Oregon but didn’t slow us down much. Looking forward to bed.

I've only reacted to a couple soaps too, oddly, one of them is T&S Merchandise 7X.

I am sorry that you reacted to this one too.

I found a description of the scent notes:
Vanilla Extract (52%) | Orange (20%) | Rose Absolute (17%) | Peppermint (7%) | Cocoa Absolute(2%) | Amyris (2%) |100% Essential Oils and Natural Extracts

I think it may be the Vanilla Extract that did it to me.

Yes...shame about the soap. Because that scent sounds really interesting. Maybe it was the rose in it.

So you live in San Fran and driving to Portland...hmm...there is all sorts of crazy going on there! Safe travels and I hope the visit is an enjoyable one!

Bummer about the soap reaction, Rose can do it for me.

BTW, and somewhat ironically, your card is the only one I've gotten so far, and it come today, on a Sunday which is unheard of here. Thanks Dave!

Enjoy Portland and some time off!

2019 shave #358 (DE:162 SE:128 Str:68 Cart:0) - 508 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (1)
Stirling synth
The Club Black Birch Stout
Thayer's Lemon
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Bond No 9 Soho

Video being posted. Picked a scent sample at random. So far I really like it, but I’m not sure if my wife will say it’s a little too floral for a guy. Now I hate straight up florals so it’s not a sharp floral, but it has a sweetness to it that might make it too feminine.

Notes: Sweet Orange, Petitgrain, Cassis Absolute, Orange Blossom, Jasmin, Orris, Amber, Musk, Oakmoss, and Cedar Wood

I have only tried a few Bond No 9 scents, but all of them leaned toward the feminine side.

2019 shave #359 (DE:163 SE:128 Str:68 Cart:0) - 509 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (2)
Stirling synth
CBL Christmas Memories
Thayer's Lemon
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Atelier Cologne Philtre Ceylan pure perfume

Going to be repeats of the same hardware. But hey, dolphin screaming BBS isn’t a bad standard to keep hitting.

Christmas Eve:
2019 shave #360 (DE:164 SE:128 Str:68 Cart:0) - 510 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (3)
Stirling synth
Stirling Christmas Eve
Thayer's Lemon
Stirling Christmas Eve AS

Christmas:
2019 shave #361 (DE:165 SE:128 Str:68 Cart:0) - 511 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (1)
Stirling synth
Stirling Christmas Eve
Thayer's Lemon
Stirling Christmas Eve AS

Grr seems like every few months I need to fix some of the numbers.

Back