The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Sunday's shave

2019 shave #350 (DE:157 SE:127 Str:66 Cart:0) - 501 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (2)
RazoRock synth
Eleven Apollo
Thayer's Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Le Labo Tabac 28

I don't know what Dave didn't like this Apollo, but good for me. I just wanted it for the logo mostly and it seems like one of those Aventus knock-offs. Did the full three passes with the SS and got a BBS! Remember, let the blade do the work. I think I also realized my angle wasn't the best for the last neck pass. Not the angle of the blade away from the skin, but I wasn't bringing my arm around far enough to get the blade parallel in relation to the plane to be shaved. I think.

2019 shave #351 (DE:158 SE:127 Str:66 Cart:0) - 502 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Israeli Personna (1)
Sorrentino Oregon State
CBL Cigar Shop Cowboy
Thayer's Lemon
Missoni

I wanted to waste no time getting to work today so went for the workhorse 6S. I'm running low on Feather blades so went with the Personna. Turns out the youngest likes Feather blades the best and has been helping herself to my supply. The Personna was okay. I'm BBS, but no dolphins and it wasn't the perfect fit as the Feathers are for the 6S.

Went to Cirque last night and the kids liked it. I haven't seen my daughter engaged and happy in something like that for a long time. That was cool. Only really 4 work days left. Friday is an all leadership off-site. This week there is also a small strike going on. Isn't going to effect hospital operations, but the state is seeing fit to come and make sure everything is okay so that gums up the works for today.

Wow did I ever come in the middle of something.......
Get a notification I was mentioned and see something about Dave and Ben being topless and playing in traffic, and then sending me blades he used to kill something......

You cant do that to me when I'm this far behind in the journals!!!

Wow did I ever come in the middle of something.......
Get a notification I was mentioned and see something about Dave and Ben being topless and playing in traffic, and then sending me blades he used to kill something......

You cant do that to me when I'm this far behind in the journals!!!
I hear ya. Between you and me, some of these guys are a little "off" if you know what I mean. ;)

Cirque puts on a great show! The missus and I were treated once to some tickets, I think it was Dralion, probably the most amazing live entertainment experience to date!

Ummm, I sent you all my slightly used blades to use more.... You didn't throw them all out did you ?😂
There’s used waste...then there’s bio hazard waste...I think I figured out how Godzilla came to be :p

SOTD #2

2019 shave #352 (DE:159 SE:127 Str:66 Cart:0) - 502 days of consecutive shaving
Timeless w/ Wilkinson Sword (1)
Sorrentino Sea Foam
Storybook Soapworks Hook
Thayer's Lemon
Storybook Soapworks Hook AS

Got home and decided to take a shower to warm up then maybe a short nap before meeting the kids over at the in-laws for dinner. But what's a shower without getting to enjoy a shave?

2019 shave #353 (DE:160 SE:127 Str:66 Cart:0) - 503 days of consecutive shaving
Timeless w/ Wilkinson Sword (2)
Paladin Vintage Port Cleo
CBL Balsamic Oud
Thayer's Lemon
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather

Quickie two pass shave this morning but not BBS. Had to take it a little gingerly on the neck after the double up yesterday. Tuscan Leather has a sweet leather note to it. This would pair very well with CBL Cigar Shop Cowboy.

1 down, 4 more to go! They cancelled our managers day out which I'm bummed about. Because of the strike they thought it best to not have all the leaders out of the hospital on the same day. I know we were getting a gift, so I'm a little hopeful they will be distributed this week until making us wait until next quarter. I got my new coffee set-up in the office now. Just need some coffee. I've forgotten to bring the beans the last two days! :rolleyes:

Dave’s gonna go rustle up some scabs today, get some work done.
F97AEAA7-4D01-4347-989A-123921AA7B25.gif
TF TL was nice for me once it started to dry down and settle a bit, it was all acrid, sharp leather...smelled good but very bold, smelled like Joe from The Good The Bad and The Ugly looks lol. I didn’t get that hint of sweetness until it fully settled.

Back