The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Every time I use my Feather SS I wonder why I don't use it more often. It also makes me a better regular straight shaver, since it requires an additional level of care over manually honed razors. At least that's been my experience.

Nice shave Dave! Glad you’re getting consistency!

Fight the vacation mode just a little longer! Almost there! Headed up to the parents are ya?

Every time I use my Feather SS I wonder why I don't use it more often. It also makes me a better regular straight shaver, since it requires an additional level of care over manually honed razors. At least that's been my experience.
Interesting. I do just fine with the SS. Mostly. But the few times I've tried a true straight or Weck, they don't seem to function at all.

Nice shave Dave! Glad you’re getting consistency!

Fight the vacation mode just a little longer! Almost there! Headed up to the parents are ya?
Yes sir. Looking forward to it. Big Christmas morning with the parents and my sister and her family.

Interesting. I do just fine with the SS. Mostly. But the few times I've tried a true straight or Weck, they don't seem to function at all.
The Feather blades are super sharp. If they touch a hair, it explodes. This super sharpness can make up for a whole lot of otherwise (forgive me) poor straight shaving technique. They force me to be super careful, since I'm used to shaving with softer, more forgiving straight edges. When that care caries over to the next shave, it's usually a really really good one, especially if the straight is freshly touched up and sharp. That's my theory, anyway.

2019 shave #348 (DE:157 SE:127 Str:64 Cart:0) - 499 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
Oz Winter
Alum
Thayer's Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Pengaligon's Endymion EdP

Submitted for approval. Today's shave. Same ole wonderfulness. Today is the department holiday party. Should be fun. The white elephant of course being the best part of any said party.

I'm planning to spend the day procrastinating again. It's past time to get my self eval in and start on the staff reviews. But I don't wanna. I figure @Cvargo has so many to do, if I slip them in his pile he won't notice.

Dave in the 2019 year has been an integral participant at TSC, he has increased his purchases and ventured down more manly hobbies such as fountain pens and coffee. He has also helped his peers by discussing wine, and introducing new wine to others. While he does claim to not judge people that drink boxed wine, complaints have been made, and management recommends he drink some boxed wine to understand the nuance of cheap wine, in other words it gets the job done.

Dave has consistently supported his peers by liking their posts and even watching and participating in videos. He received a gold star for the prank pulled on GearNoir. Also everyone knows he sent cvargo the dollar shave club, so really the last two statements cancel each other out.

As we enter the 2020 year, we encourage Dave to really put his self driving car to the test and film a shaving video from the freeway. Thank you for your commitment to 2019 and here's to a successful 2020.

Dave in the 2019 year has been an integral participant at TSC, he has increased his purchases and ventured down more manly hobbies such as fountain pens and coffee. He has also helped his peers by discussing wine, and introducing new wine to others. While he does claim to not judge people that drink boxed wine, complaints have been made, and management recommends he drink some boxed wine to understand the nuance of cheap wine, in other words it gets the job done.

Dave has consistently supported his peers by liking their posts and even watching and participating in videos. He received a gold star for the prank pulled on GearNoir. Also everyone knows he sent cvargo the dollar shave club, so really the last two statements cancel each other out.

As we enter the 2020 year, we encourage Dave to really put his self driving car to the test and film a shaving video from the freeway. Thank you for your commitment to 2019 and here's to a successful 2020.
giphy.gif

Very Michael Scott of you.

Thanks for reminding me that the department Christmas party is tomorrow! I genuinely totally forgot. :ROFLMAO:
Dude. Well you know nobody will have stocked the pizza and everyone will be spoons and not forks.

2019 shave #349 (DE:157 SE:127 Str:65 Cart:0) - 500 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (1)
RazoRock synth
CBL Christmas Memories
Thayer's Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Pengaligon's Sartorial

Dug around in the drawer and came up with Christmas Memories. This is the old skool @CBLSoap.com with the scent at 11 on the 10 scale. Cinnamon in your face and I love it! Was wrong about my blade count and replaced it a day too early. Went with all 3 passes with the SS, but didn’t push the BBS with it and still did a touch of clean up with the Timeless. Oh baby what a smooth shave I ended up with. Nice stuff.

Back