The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2019 shave #349 (DE:154 SE:126 Str:59 Cart:0) - 490 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (1)
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
Stirling Christmas Eve
Alum
Thayer's Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Stirling Christmas Eve AS

Whew doggie, been a long day. Lots of meetings and staying late. I’m responsible for organizing the hospital’s quality goals for next year and let’s just say it triggered an intense and lively conversation in the committee. Apparently this is historically part of the process, but getting people saying they were glad it was me and not them in the hot seat tells you something of the experience. Had already decided to take tomorrow off. Because reasons. But I’m hopeful for a long soak in a warm shower and a luxury shave.

Oh ya, video posted of the shave if that’s why you stopped by.

2019 shave #350 (DE:154 SE:127 Str:59 Cart:0) - 491 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector “Merlin” w/ Schick Proline (6)
SV 2.0
PannaCrema Nuàvia Rossa
Alum
Thayer's Lemon

Taking today off because, reasons. Had a nice long soaking shower and then picked some of the best stuff for a nice slow shave. What a lovely shave it was too! Nice and dolphin screaming smooth with the awesome scent of Rossa staying with me. Not much planned for me today until we have to drive into the city tonight for a high school basketball game. Cadre Thursday. What what!!

2019 shave #351 (DE:155 SE:127 Str:59 Cart:0) - 492 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (2)
Stirling synth
CBL Cigar Shop Indian
Alum
Thayer's Lemon
Dior Savage

Easy peasy BBS shave with some more old skool CBL soap. TGIF!!!

Yesterday’s shave:

2019 shave #352 (DE:155 SE:127 Str:60 Cart:0) - 493 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Paladin Brush of Shame
Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch
Alum
Thayer's Lemon
Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch AS

I wouldn’t say this was a blood letting, but it was somewhat of a blood letting. I landed the blade just a touch too high and caught a bump up there that I avoid while shaving. Snagged that and then ended up with a good sized weeper on the neck. I’m surprised filming wasn’t the cause of it.

Sunday's shave:

2019 shave #353 (DE:156 SE:127 Str:60 Cart:0) - 494 days of consecutive shaving
TBH SR-71 w/ Israeli Personna (1)
Paladin Vintage Port
The Holy Black - This is Christmas
Alum
Thayer's Lemon
Stirling Christmas Eve AS

Video posted

2019 shave #354 (DE:156 SE:127 Str:61 Cart:0) - 495 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (2)
TSC Legacy brush
GTB
Alum
Thayer's Lemon
GTB AS
GTB EdP

Pretty good shave today. Did the 2 1/2 passes with the SS and 3rd neck pass with the Timeless. I really wanted to go at it with the SS, but was able to contain myself and got overall BBS without alum sting. I'll see if I can get a few more in like this and then go back to trying the whole thing with the SS.

Pretty good weekend. Went to the Dickens Fair on Saturday. It's like a Renaissance Fair, but set in England and inside. And yesterday, a lack of rain and the family's desires won out over my decision to not put lights on the house this year. So they are up there and lookin' good. I forgot to go out after dark and get a photo for the appropriate thread. Fewer meetings this week, but lots of stuff to wrap up the year.

Back