The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2019 shave #276 (DE:117 SE:99 Str:58 Cart:0) - 426 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Israeli Personna (1)
Rockwell synth
CBL Roasted Oatmeal Stout
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Mark Buxton Nameless

Finally taking the time to post today's shave. Went with the ole tried and true 6S. Might say this is almost the Vector of DE shaves. Did ya'll see they released a blacked out 6S? I want that bad, but been spending enough on pen stuff I didn't order one. And went with the Oatmeal Stout because I've been jealous seeing a bunch of the cadre pulling it out recently.

Busy day today. With lots of meetings and getting out late. Did get a free lunch out of the deal. Looking forward to a downhill slide (I hope) for the ending of the week.
I was looking at that, but having never tried one I am very hesitant to pull the trigger. I tried a full Timeless kit with all the options in a passaround with everyone being sure I'd love it, but I honestly wasn't all that impressed. I got better shaves from other razors costing a lot less. So now I'm really gun shy about jumping into an expensive razor no matter how cool it looks.

I see you jumped in with the rest of us with the Roasted Oatmeal Stout! Probably one of my favorite smelling shave soaps!

I was looking at that, but having never tried one I am very hesitant to pull the trigger. I tried a full Timeless kit with all the options in a passaround with everyone being sure I'd love it, but I honestly wasn't all that impressed. I got better shaves from other razors costing a lot less. So now I'm really gun shy about jumping into an expensive razor no matter how cool it looks.
PM me your address and I'll let you give it a spin!

2019 shave #277 (DE:118 SE:99 Str:58 Cart:0) - 427 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Israeli Personna (2)
Pliffsoft knot in Shave Revolution handle
Barrister and Mann Promises
Alum
Witch Hazel
Imaginary Authors Cape Heartache

2019 shave #278 (DE:119 SE:99 Str:58 Cart:0) - 428 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Israeli Personna (3)
Stirling synth
Storybook Soapworks Hallward's Dream
Alum
Witch Hazel
Storybook Soapworks Hallward's Dream AS

Well, I'm here. That's about all I can say. I have the man flu. Came pretty close to skipping the shave today, but it was three and out with the 6S. I wouldn't be at work, but I said I'd cover my boss for a lunch time meeting. So when that's over, I'm outta here. But you guys need to entertain me until then. Today is also our anniversary, so I'll need to get to the store to buy appropriate items for said occasion.

Well that was....something to watch.

LOL, just kidding. Thanks Dave.

man flu? is that something that will keep you from getting into trouble for giving convenience store boxed chocolates and a paper flower as your anniversary gift?

Saturday's shave

2019 shave #279 (DE:119 SE:100 Str:58 Cart:0) - 429 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (7)
Razorock synth
L&L Original
Alum
Witch Hazel
Atelier Cologne Vetiver Fatal

Video posted

Back