The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Keb’ Mo’ Sabe? :ROFLMAO:

Good shave! But...
But today was odd because this really didn't stand out to me. I might keep it until I try it one more time, but likely to go on the PIF pile.
That’s funny, because I’m pretty sure got my Citrus & Bay from you!

Weather here is a bit odd. We went from an unusually hot day for any time of year, to pleasant to rain today which is also unusual.
Tell me about it! Mid to upper 90s last few days, down to mid to high 70s today! I mean it’s great, but definitely weird.

It's good to see I'm having some influence around here finally. It took long enough, but it is what it is. 🤣

Happy birthday, Dave! I hope you got all the fountain pens, all the inks, and all the Strop Shoppe soaps.

Saturdays' shave:

2019 shave #272 (DE:116 SE:96 Str:58 Cart:0) - 422 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (4)
Sorrentino Sea Foam
Barrister and Mann Dickens
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1

I was bummed about this soap. It doesn't smell anything like the scent notes for it. It smells like, well like generic soap.

Sunday's shave

2019 shave #273 (DE:116 SE:97 Str:58 Cart:0) - 423 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (5)
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
Oz Winter
Alum
Witch Hazel

Video posted for this one

2019 shave #274 (DE:116 SE:98 Str:58 Cart:0) - 424 days of consecutive shaving
Timeless w/ Wilkinson Sword (4)
Stirling synth
Nuavia Rossa
Alum
Witch Hazel
Penhaligon's Satorial

Called an audible when I got into the den and realized how little I had to shave off. Pairing Merlin with a later weekend shave and an early workday shave and there's almost not enough there yet to deal with. Decided to enjoy the Timeless again. Love the weight and looks of this thing. I didn't check to see how many shaves were on the blade and I should have. Already had three on this guy and that might have contributed to a bit of the sting on got on my neck, but it was an enjoyable shave. I normally don't use any scents when I shave with Rossa, but today found that Satorial is a great compliment to it.

Had a good weekend. Out relaxing and a nice dinner on Saturday. Then our oldest brought her standing basketball hoop from her dad's, which we barley could squeeze into our SUV even taken apart. So we spent some hours on Sunday painting the rim and trying to get it together with only the assistance of a few, not the best photos. I think we're on the right track. We have it standing up, and all we have to do is get the backboard connected to the thing that will move it up and down. We have a very small backyard and she had a small hoop back there before. This one is HUGE! Well, normal size, but it will tower over the end of the roof. We'll see how long she uses it as we're sure she'll be having to ring neighbor's doorbells quiet often as the result of the ball taking an errant bounce off the rim.

Yesterday's shave, video posted

2019 shave #275 (DE:116 SE:99 Str:58 Cart:0) - 425 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Paladin Brush of Shame
Oleo Rush Street
Alum
Witch Hazel
Marc-Antoine B683

2019 shave #276 (DE:117 SE:99 Str:58 Cart:0) - 426 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Israeli Personna (1)
Rockwell synth
CBL Roasted Oatmeal Stout
Alum
Witch Hazel
Mark Buxton Nameless

Finally taking the time to post today's shave. Went with the ole tried and true 6S. Might say this is almost the Vector of DE shaves. Did ya'll see they released a blacked out 6S? I want that bad, but been spending enough on pen stuff I didn't order one. And went with the Oatmeal Stout because I've been jealous seeing a bunch of the cadre pulling it out recently.

Busy day today. With lots of meetings and getting out late. Did get a free lunch out of the deal. Looking forward to a downhill slide (I hope) for the ending of the week.

Back