The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Sunday's shave

2019 shave #280 (DE:119 SE:101 Str:58 Cart:0) - 430 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (8)
Stirling synth
THB Mountain Man
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1

As Dave already pointed out, I wasn't paying attention to how many shaves I had on this blade and thought I had more to go. Ended up with some alum sting on the next. That's right, from Merlin. His magic only lasts for so long. I guess if nothing else it does reinforce tossing them after 6.

2019 shave #281 (DE:120 SE:101 Str:58 Cart:0) - 431 days of consecutive shaving
Psycho razor w/ Israeli Personna (1)
Stirling synth
A&E Oriental Oud
Alum
Witch Hazel
Tom Ford Oud Minerale

Okay, we caught up to the present. Still with me Dave? I wanted to use this soap yesterday, but had already pulled Mountain Man tin out. I basically use this soap as a reason to use the Tom Ford scent because it's delicious. Nice easy shave with the Psycho.

Was an up and down weekend. Was zapped of energy because of the cold. Saturday my wife and the kids went to a harvest party out of town and ran over some type of large piece of metal when they started back home. Luckily that car has run flat tires, so they were able to make it home at a slow pace. After 30min of not getting them to pick up the phone, we headed to Costco tire to talk about replacement tires (need to get 2 for the front) and they gave nothing but grief and said they needed to see the actual car before they could sell us any tires. I'm sorry? Your computer tells you what tires work on what car, you need us to drive down a car with a flat so you can look at it, order the tires, make us drive it back home and then back when the tires are there??? So I'll contact the place I've started taking my car to. I'm DONE with Costco tire service at this point. And during the weekend a part on the furnace went out. Sounds like a solenoid that keeps clicking when it's trying to cool down after heating, but it just won't stop. Luckily it's been nice weather the last few days so we'll be fine until they come on Wednesday to look at it.

Yep, all caught up and a non fun weekend, sorry. Borrowed the Delorean and it went wonky while in Mike's @Blade-meister journal so I dropped it off in front of Costco to have them look at it. Told them you were the grumpy guy from the other day. They said they knew exactly what to do with the car. Peace, out

Yippie, repair season is here. I had to get on the roof a few more times yesterday to make the swamp cooler water valve work again, then stop over-flowing, then work again. So much for the cooler weather, the upper 90's are back. but its a good time for the spa heater to fail...no really, only 10 months after I replaced it last is a great time to fail again because I get to remove it, pack it up, send it to the manufacturer and wait to have them say it is covered under warranty and send a replacement. Good thing I kept the old one to plug the pipes.
Best of luck with the furnace, hope the repair is a simple one. Sounds to me like Costco is working it's way out of the tire business, for a membership driven store that kind of "service" is quite strange. Maybe a nice bottle of wine would get them in the proper mood.

Some people and machines just can't handle mammoth painting :LOL:

Run flats...........yeah, great product but not here in the northeast. You might as well have ski's on when snow hits. My first time using them in an SUV with a little bit of snow on the roads saw me missing a turn though my wheels were turned in the direction of the turn I wanted to go down. I must say though, one time a tire got shot out.....just kidding.....I got a flat and had to drive 30 minutes away and I could still do 55 mph on the highway. I was impressed, but got the tires changed out as fast as I could arrange.

All I know is it really throws a wrench in work days trying to deal with this junk.

Yippie, repair season is here. I had to get on the roof a few more times yesterday to make the swamp cooler water valve work again, then stop over-flowing, then work again. So much for the cooler weather, the upper 90's are back. but its a good time for the spa heater to fail...no really, only 10 months after I replaced it last is a great time to fail again because I get to remove it, pack it up, send it to the manufacturer and wait to have them say it is covered under warranty and send a replacement. Good thing I kept the old one to plug the pipes.
Best of luck with the furnace, hope the repair is a simple one. Sounds to me like Costco is working it's way out of the tire business, for a membership driven store that kind of "service" is quite strange. Maybe a nice bottle of wine would get them in the proper mood.
That's kind of what I thought about the service, but I guess it's like inside as well. They won't add more checkers just because the lines are long because the need to keep the margins low to keep the prices they charge. Such is life. I placed a tire order in the morning with an independent tire shop, got a call they were delivered at 3:30. I ran home, pumped up the tire, took it to the shop and left with them installed by 4:30. One issue resolved.

Some people and machines just can't handle mammoth painting :LOL:

Run flats...........yeah, great product but not here in the northeast. You might as well have ski's on when snow hits. My first time using them in an SUV with a little bit of snow on the roads saw me missing a turn though my wheels were turned in the direction of the turn I wanted to go down. I must say though, one time a tire got shot out.....just kidding.....I got a flat and had to drive 30 minutes away and I could still do 55 mph on the highway. I was impressed, but got the tires changed out as fast as I could arrange.
I do really prefer the days of actually having a spare in the car.

When it comes to car and house repairs, my experience has been when it rains, it pours. Hang in there, Dave!
It does seem that way doesn't it. Or at least one hiccup you feel like you can adjust to deal with, another in short time seems more like a burden.

2019 shave #282 (DE:121 SE:101 Str:58 Cart:0) - 432 days of consecutive shaving
Psycho razor w/ Israeli Personna (2)
Razorock synth
Razor Master Toivo
Alum
Witch Hazel
Imaginary Authors City on Fire

Been thinking about smoky scents a lot recently. Not like a hint of smoke, but you know how I like. Camp fire in the morning scent. A couple days ago I started using the Fire in the Hole bath bar from Outlaw Soaps. That's a good smoky scent for sure. Not strong at all. Just the right amount for daily use and doesn't leave a lingering scent. But today, I cranked the scent strength up to 11 boys! Got out the ole Toivo and loved every minute of it. Finished off with a few sprays of City on Fire and I'm right as a fire that the rain can't put out. I decided it was time to buy a bottle of City on Fire, but then was reminded of the price and put it on a wish list.

Yesterday got the car tires replaced. Needed two to have a matched set. And of course run flat tires for a BMW ain't on the cheaper side. Have an appointment for the furnace tomorrow afternoon so hopefully all the loose ends from the weekend will be tied up. I had forgotten this weekend is our trip to Disney. Too much stuff going on. It's going to be one of those weekends where people have fun but the next day at work I'll be dragging. Heading down after school on Friday so we should be rolling into the hotel around 11pm.

Man, whirlwind of a weekend! Hope you’re feeling better Dave, so you can enjoy Disneyland!

You are busier than a cat in a litter box Dave! Seems like anything for a BMW is more expensive. I'm surprised the gas pumps don't sense it's a BMW and up the price by $1.00 a gallon :LOL:

At least I was told when I owned an Audi that was more expensive to fix than the BMWs!

Back