The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

An early happy birthday to you sir!

You’re really building a strong pen game there! What’s your favored ink so far?

An early happy birthday to you sir!

You’re really building a strong pen game there! What’s your favored ink so far?
No idea. I have a lot of sampling to do. I got the sample pack of "work appropriate inks" and found that to see the colour with a EF nib I need brighter inks. I have a sample pack of browns coming in because my note taking pen and notebook are tan/brown. I have Noodlers Walnut in that pen right now and it's a shade too close to black in a thin nibbed pen. Soon we'll get some red and green samples. I put Papier Plume - House of the Rising Sun in my new pen. I like the look of it. The touch of orange makes it pop on the page and it looks red.

Noodlers Forest green shows up pretty green for me from and EF but is still dark enough to be work appropriate. at least for me it is.

2019 shave #264 (DE:115 SE:89 Str:58 Cart:0) - 414 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (2)
Stirling synth
Grooming Department Elan
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Missoni

Video posted

Saturday:

2019 shave #265 (DE:115 SE:90 Str:58 Cart:0) - 415 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (3)
Stirling synth
CBL Cigar Shop Cowboy
Alum
Witch Hazel

Sunday:

2019 shave #266 (DE:115 SE:91 Str:58 Cart:0) - 416 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (4)
Stirling synth
CBL Cigar Shop Cowboy
Alum
Witch Hazel

Monday:

2019 shave #267 (DE:115 SE:92 Str:58 Cart:0) - 417 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (5)
Stirling synth
CBL Cigar Shop Cowboy
Alum
Witch Hazel
GTB EdP

Yep, last three days have been exactly the same thing. No particular reason. I was in a hurry on Sunday so just used what was already on the counter and only did a two pass shave. This morning I was looking through my soaps and thought what the heck, I like the one I've been using.

This weekend was pretty good with my parents here. The escape room on Saturday was good fun. A lot of stuff for everyone to do and we got out with 3min to spare. Yesterday we went out for breakfast and then bought a pack of games you play as a group on the TV each using your own phone. Added three more fountain pens to the collection as well and those are over in that thread. Dealing with a new medical diagnosis as well. Don't really feel like talking about it, but been dealing with a lot of changes in moods and emotions as I work through everything.

Sorry about the medical stuff. Been dealing with similar symptoms some from medical and some just stressful life stuff that won't change. Hope you get it straightened out man 😎

I hope both of you get what you can sorted out. And have the strength to endure what you can’t sort out.

Back