The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2019 shave #256 (DE:112 SE:86 Str:56 Cart:0) - 406 days of consecutive shaving
Super Speed w/ Israeli Personna (1)
RazoRock synth
The Club Signature
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Aqua Velva Ice Sport

Quickie entry. Decent mild shave, but missed the BBS by this much because of avoiding angering the irritation from yesterday.

Tell me more about the scent of Signature Dave and why you don't have the matching splash??
I think it's supposed to be bourbon or something like that. I get more of a yellow butterscotch candy smell. It's my least favorite of the A&E soaps I have just because I'm not into that type of scent. Gladly trade it away.

I think it's supposed to be bourbon or something like that. I get more of a yellow butterscotch candy smell. It's my least favorite of the A&E soaps I have just because I'm not into that type of scent. Gladly trade it away.
Hmmmmm, you have a pic of stuff I'm moving already and already went thru so I assume nothing else interests you. Thanks

2019 shave #257 (DE:112 SE:86 Str:57 Cart:0) - 407 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Plissoft knot in Shave Revolution handle
Stirling Kaboom
Alum
Witch Hazel
Dior Savage

Another run with the SS after a day to let the neck heal up. It was better this time. I reminded myself to not try to make contact with the whole blade and watch the pressure. I crept up on BBS but ended up with just a few whiskers left on the neck. But almost no alum sting, so it was good practice.

Just happy it's Friday. This was the first full week my new boss was here. So we're still working out things he needs to learn about and getting into a routine. I'm somewhat hopeful that in a month or so things will be more predictable. Though, you may have heard mention in the news at times, we have a huge potential work stoppage looming over us in the first part of October. If it happens, you'll all be hearing about it for sure. And I'll be working like a dog. But for now, get through one more day and then I get to have real coffee in the morning.

This was the first full week my new boss was here. So we're still working out things he needs to learn about and getting into a routine.
Translation - What did I do to deserve this guy as a boss? o_O

Glad the weekend is here also. Don't work too hard!

Saturday's shave - video posted

2019 shave #258 (DE:112 SE:86 Str:58 Cart:0) - 408 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
SV 70th
Alum
Witch Hazel
SV 70th AS

Sunday's shave - video posted

2019 shave #259 (DE:113 SE:86 Str:58 Cart:0) - 409 days of consecutive shaving
Super Speed w/ Israeli Personna (2)
TSC Legacy
Strop Shoppe Alpine Frost
Alum
Witch Hazel

2019 shave #260 (DE:114 SE:86 Str:58 Cart:0) - 410 days of consecutive shaving
Super Speed w/ Israeli Personna (3)
Sorrentino Oregon State
Tallow + Steel Sicily
Alum
Witch Hazel
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Well here we are. Back at work. Well, except Gear. Well, and Rich. Maybe Ben, I dunno. Ok, well here we are, it's Monday again.

Went a little easy on the neck again, but it feels like I might have flared it up again. Such is life. Reached for a little used scent as well which just reminded me I need to keep it in the rotation.

Nothing special this weekend. Oldest had a sleep over where her friend peer pressured her into watching her first horror movie. The occasional scream coming from the other room was amusing to say the least. But no problems over night so all is well. Got some yard work done. A couple new fountain pens. My wife has gotten the fountain pen bug as well. So it's fun to share something, but the common obsession stops just short of all the YouTube videos I still watch. I also got sucked into a mini-series called I-land, which is poorly written, just slightly better acted, but short enough I can tough it out just to see what happens.

2019 shave #261 (DE:114 SE:87 Str:58 Cart:0) - 411 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (6)
Sorrentino Sea Foam
L&L After the Rain
Alum
Witch Hazel
L&L After the Rain AS

Well the alum sting is getting a little less every day, but there was still some irritation during the shave today. It's a rough life I tell ya. Nice close shave though.

Free lunch today, but likely the only one of the week. Wondering if anyone else is popping for one of the new iPhones. I 100% wasn't going to. I still have a 7s from 5 years ago and there's still no issue with it. But then my wife found out that I can get $500 back for it, so I figure I should jump on that because it sure seemed like a mistake. I really do not like the look of the three lenses, but I do like the green colour I'm getting.

Back