The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2019 shave #249 (DE:109 SE:83 Str:55 Cart:0) - 399 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (1)
Stirling synth
TOBS Jermyn Street
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
TOBS Jermyn Street AS

I have a 2.5hr online training today, so I decided to go no tie and smell good just for myself. And I do too! For a little variety I switched up the razor, but stayed top shelf for sure. We're BBS, but the dolphins have stayed home today. I realized I've been basing brush choice somewhat on the hardness of soap I'm using. Harder soaps get the badger brushes to help scrape the soap off the bowl. Where softer soaps get the synths because with a stiffer brush the soap can get lost inside it. Just an observation.

School stuff is starting in full swing. Two back to school nights this week. And after school stuff starting up. Break time is over for sure!

You certainly do smell great with Jermyn Street! 2.5 hours of online training? I suppose it isn't the type you can just let it run in the background and just read TSC? 🤪

You certainly do smell great with Jermyn Street! 2.5 hours of online training? I suppose it isn't the type you can just let it run in the background and just read TSC? 🤪
Whether or not it's intended to be that way, that's how it's going to end up. They did talk about making sure you do it on the computer because there's an interactive portion and it's "live" online so how much attention needs to be given to it remains to be seen.

I just ordered a newb fountain pen the other day. I'm at the edge of the rabbit hole and refusing to look down.

Live online training is the worst. I had to do a stupid amount of live CEs a couple of years ago. Not fun. Try not to go crazy.

Yep, online classes stink. Totally boring and un-motivating for me. Hope you have a full coffee pot with you to ease the time crawl! :ROFLMAO:

2019 shave #250 (DE:110 SE:83 Str:55 Cart:0) - 400 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (2)
Sorrentino Sea Foam
CBL Iron Throne
Alum
Witch Hazel
Atelier Cologne Philtre Ceylan EdP

Saturday's shave:

2019 shave #251 (DE:110 SE:84 Str:55 Cart:0) - 401 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (5)
TSC Legacy
CBL Cigar Shop Indian
Alum
Witch Hazel

It wasn't until almost noon that I got around to the shower and shave part of the day. With a DE shave yesterday and the added hours, I figured I had enough growth for the RX to take care of. I sure miss this guy, but yes there an extra level of exfoliation you get as a result of its use.

2019 shave #252 (DE:110 SE:85 Str:55 Cart:0) - 402 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Paladin Vintage Port Cleo
CBL Cigar Shop Indian
Alum
Witch Hazel
Penhaligon's Endymion EdP

Ya, this is pretty much the same shave as yesterday. But I used CBL soap so you can't give me any grief for it. The slight sting after yesterday's use of the RX was somewhat amplified. And I can rest in the comfort of knowing there are no loose dead skin cell left on my face.

2019 shave #253 (DE:111 SE:85 Str:55 Cart:0) - 403 days of consecutive shaving
Timeless w/ Wilkinson Sword (2)
Custom synth
The Club Vacanza Romana
Alum
Witch Hazel
Imaginary Authors Cape Heartache

After a late RX shave yesterday I was still darn near BBS this morning. So went with what is one of the most beautiful, yet mild modern shavers. It did a wonderful job and it was great seeing her again.

This weekend was productive. Months ago we tackled one side of the garage and finally got around to the other side this weekend. One added shelving unit and about 20 Target plastic bins later it's looking much better. My overall goal is not having anything on the floor that's not on wheels. There is some work to do back on the other side now, but it'll be less than last time. Ordered a couple of cheap fountain pens to mess around with stub nibs. I'm ready to order a mess more of ink samples, but I have to wait until after my birthday so we don't end up with anything else that can be called The _______ of Shame.

Back