The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

All caught up. Well the last two pages that is LOL.

As to 4:30 PM meetings I have a committee meeting that someone schedules on Mondays at 4:30PM. I take the call every day from the car, because I gotta pick up kids. Without fail he says, "there's some background noise are people in their cars?" Multiple of us answer... yup because someone scheduled the meeting so late.

He won't take a hint!

Saturday's shave

2019 shave #244 (DE:108 SE:79 Str:55 Cart:0) - 394 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (1)
Stirling
PAA Will-O'-the-Wisp
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
PAA Will-O'-the-Wisp AS

Video posted

Sunday's shave

2019 shave #245 (DE:108 SE:80 Str:55 Cart:0) - 395 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (2)
Stirling
?
?
Alum
Witch Hazel

Yesterday's shave

2019 shave #246 (DE:108 SE:81 Str:55 Cart:0) - 396 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (3)
?
WSP Black Amber Vanille
Alum
Witch Hazel
Galimard Sensuel Safron

2019 shave #247 (DE:108 SE:82 Str:55 Cart:0) - 397 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (4)
RazoRock synth
L&L Original
Alum
Witch Hazel
L&L After the Rain AS
Bleu de Chanel

Whew! All caught up even if there are a couple gaps. The first thing is denial right? I know I have a bad memory, but when I'm shaving during the weekend I think about taking a picture, but I'm sure I'll remember what I used. Oh well. Just your perfect scream dolphin shaves ya know. Now that things are settled a bit I really should get back to using the SS from time to time.

Given the big survey last week, it's catch-up week at work. I have a committee tomorrow that I'll have to piece together the best I can.

2019 shave #248 (DE:108 SE:83 Str:55 Cart:0) - 398 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (5)
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
Strop Shoppe Teak Wood
Alum
Witch Hazel
Missoni

I feel like someone 3017ing my shaves. Using the Vector daily there's really nothing to add to my SOTD posts.

Still really jazzed about fountain pens. A couple weeks ago I thought things were under control. I have five pens and rarely have the need to use them every day. So I was in the mind-set of really not wanting many more. Get one or two really nice ones a year maybe. But I'm still watching videos every day, and window shopping on-line. Now I want some more. But I'm thinking unlike razors and shave soap, I really can't switch to different pens and inks every day. Or at least it's much less practical. I have all 5 of my pens inked up, and should probably reduce that to 3-4 just so ink isn't sitting in the lesser used ones for months. It will be a much slower rotation than razors for sure. I did write thank you notes to my staff yesterday for all their hard work last week. I guess if nothing else, wanting to use a nice pen will get me sending personalized notes more often (as opposed to never before). And then last night I watched some videos about wax seals. The bottom of this rabbit hole is far away.

DC9E3C35-636E-4E9A-A64C-5C6B9F0D6144.jpeg

Just preempt your wax seal addiction by buying the personalized signet ring first!

OMG ... you have stands for them too ... I mean ... nice!

You probably freaked out the staff with your notes.

Non of us got fancy shmancy notes thanking us for giving him time off of forum responsibilities to work for a living...........................................

Back