The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Sunday's shave

2019 shave #231 (DE:106 SE:68 Str:55 Cart:0) - 381 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (2)
RazoRock synth
CBL Cigar Shop Indian
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
GTB AS
GTB EdP

I got another straight shave in Sunday, but I wouldn't call it a successful one. I wasn't really paying attention and I know that caused me to be using too much pressure. I could feel the irritation building so I pulled up and only did a two pass shave. Even with that, the cheeks were BBS, but that darn neck.

2019 shave #232 (DE:106 SE:69 Str:55 Cart:0) - 382 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (2)
Paladin Vintage Port Cleo
THB Mountain Man
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Imaginary Authors Cape Haeatache

Another tin from low in the drawer today. Went total pine with the shower soap, the shave soap and the scent. Good stuff for sure. I need to dig around and find my other pine scents. Even with the irritation yesterday, Merlin provided a great shave with no residual irritation this morning.

Glad the shave was good today!

Any lunch meetings on the horizon? One must have some hope at the beginning of the work week.

2019 shave #233 (DE:106 SE:70 Str:55 Cart:0) - 383 days of consecutive shaving
Gillette Techmatic / razor section #10 (3)
Stirling synth
West Coast Shaving Sequoia
Alum
Witch Hazel
West Coast Shaving Sequoia AS

Another shave from the hidden away. Needed to find a key that I had forgotten where I had place and emptied out not the annex drawer, but the overflow drawer that included things other than soaps as well. Mercy. There was a lot more soap in there than I thought. I don't remember ever using this one and decided to stick with the pine scent theme. I found out I have like 4-6 soaps with pine scent or notes. This one had a good scent, but just not very strong. I went with the AS alone expecting it wouldn't last a long time, but wanting to find out how it did. First thing I would say is that I don't get a pine note from the AS. It's more of a classic after shave type of scent. Not terrible, but not my bag or what it should smell like.

Then the Techmatic. The razor that bored @Spider to death. I had forgotten what a smooth shave this is. No blade feel until the ATG pass on the neck. It didn't give the closest BBS, but it got there.

Back