The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2019 shave #223 (DE:104 SE:64 Str:53 Cart:0) - 373 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (2)
Paladin Harlequin Sherlock
Saponificio Varesino/Asylum Brush Works Colonia
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Atelier Cologne Vetiver Fatal EdP

Got this soap some time ago through a BST sale and haven’t tried it til now. I think this is right up @Cvargo’s alley. Without looking up what it’s supposed to be, I say it’s on the tumbleweed side of a vetiver. Not bad, but not really my thing. I will say this is my favorite Paladin. Nice handle feel in the hand and I guess I’ve graduated to enjoying the bigger knots.

Dragging a bit today. The gaggle of kids at our house were quite loud and, of course, stayed up later than my old body is used to. Did make the switch from satellite to cable today. I don’t really understand the channel line up though. We seem to have the same channels listed in several different places. Like the 200s, 400s, 700s and 1000s. I get that the low level one isn’t HD and the next on use, but what the others are I don’t know.

I just gave up on TV altogether. Netflix is all we have now, it’s been great. Just enough to hold our interest, plenty of stuff for the kids.

I am desperately trying to get rid of my cable for all streaming. We pay WAY too much for our cable. The problem is in our area we haven't had a whole lot of options as far as internet only services. And with the current cable provider the internet only packages are purposely inflated making internet only almost as much as internet and cable. They just recently added some other packages so I might see what they have and finally get rid of our cable. We are already paying for Netflix (though thinking about getting rid of that one soon), Hulu, and Amazon Prime.

Oh, and by the way Dave...Nice Shave... 🤪

Yesterday's shave

2019 shave #224 (DE:105 SE:64 Str:53 Cart:0) - 374 days of consecutive shaving
Super Speed w/ Voskhod (2)
Paladin a red one
Chiseled Face Cinnawood Boroka
Alum
Witch Hazel
Chiseled Face Cinnawood Boroka AS

Still don't understand why they stopped making this scent. It's a winner

2019 shave #225 (DE:106 SE:64 Str:53 Cart:0) - 375 days of consecutive shaving
Super Speed w/ Voskhod (3)
TSC Legacy
Central Texas Soaps Mr Pepper
Alum
Witch Hazel
Penhaligon's Opus 1870

Video posted. Had a later shave yesterday so not much to removed today. Easy Peasy.

Started with organizing my closet, moved on to trying to find more room for soaps. I might be close to having to store some out in the shed or something.

2019 shave #227 (DE:106 SE:66 Str:53 Cart:0) - 377 days of consecutive shaving
Merlin w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Stirling synth
Siliski Citrus
Alum
Witch Hazel
Fragonard Desert EdT

Better use up this blade so that Merlin is all set for the Schick when they show up. Siliski is another that sat at the bottom of my drawer before. I didn't get the explosive lather like I did with Strop Shoppe. It was more of the slick snot style, but worked well and a nice fresh and sweet citrus scent.

Slowly getting things I place I need for the director role. Education related to HR, compensation, time cards, blah blah. Anxiously awaiting my own office. There is going to be some shuffling around and after everything is decided, we still need to wait for the one day a month they dedicate to moving desks and the like. In other TSC enabled hobby news. I roasted up the rest of 2lbs of green coffee beans I got from Kyle's guy so we're set for the next few weekends. And compromised with myself and ordered a moderately priced fountain pen instead of some of the high-end ones I've been eyeing along with a sample set of inks named "work appropriate". So no hot pinks or anything.

Back