The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Sunday's shave

2019 shave #217 (DE:102 SE:61 Str:52 Cart:0) - 367 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Sorrentino Sea Foam
CBL Oud Minerale
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Tom Ford Oud Minerale

I don't know that I can pick favorites, but currently I think Tom Ford Oud Minerale is my favorite scent. It isn't in your face, but it just smells great and it lasts all day. Every time I get a whiff I'm glad I'm wearing it. But the Rx. My poor, lonely RX. Once at the top of the castle. The king of the hill. The Doc let me down a bit today. But, it was at least 74% my fault. I turned my back on the continual attention you need to pay this one and I paid for it in alum burn.

2019 shave #218 (DE:102 SE:61 Str:53 Cart:0) - 368 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Plissoft knot in Shave revolution handle
GTB
Alum
Witch Hazel
GTB AS
GTB EdP

Well I tried to move my blade out of the Kamisori to the SS, but it didn't slide out and I didn't want my fingers to slip trying to push it out. So I used the edge of the counter and then didn't trust the blade so I started fresh. Much easier shave with the SS. Video posted and ended up with a nice BBS all around.

2019 shave #219 (DE:103 SE:61 Str:53 Cart:0) - 369 days of consecutive shaving
Super Speed w/ Voskhod (2)
Paladin Brush of Shame
Oleo Empire
Alum
Witch Hazel
Oleo Empire AS
Dior Sauvage

Nope, not ready for a return to the Vector. A razor which one has a hard time turning away from once caught in its grasp. Little quickie with the Super Speed for a standard BBS. Every time I use this brush I'm hoping it softens just a little. It's as if the knot is set just a bit too deep. Makes a nice lather though.

Nothing special today. But @GearNoir will be happy to hear I have 2 lunch meetings this week! Score! And I'm still spiraling down the fountain pen rabbit hole. If the prettiest ones only cost what shaving brushes do I would have a mess of them now. But currently I'm pretty much restricting myself to YouTube videos and podcasts. You know, the typical drowning ones self in exposure to a new interest that plaques all of us AD folks. Given our survey isn't this week, it's a touch milder than last week. And my new boss will be starting next month. I've worked with him before and looking forward to it again.

Eh, the cost of a soap plus shipping. Doooooo it.
But I'm tied up in the High end fragrance hole right now

I got some marked down HIGH end fragrances 🤪 😂😂😂😂😂
IMG_20190806_123530339.jpg

IMG_20190806_123539077.jpg

IMG_20190806_123522051.jpg

What is peaking your interest?
Currently just some low end stuff lol. I have an order on the way: TWSBI Eco, Platinum Preppy with O-rings and silicone grease to convert to an eyedropper, and 2 bottles of ink. Organic Studios- Ernest Hemmingway and Diamine Oxford Blue. I haven't even looked at anything on the higher end scale yet.

Back