The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

I'm sure those smell grate and sixy.
I don't know the originals to compare to but he had a Terre d'Hermes copy called Humorous and it smelled near a dead wringer. I'm sure projection and longevity will be an issue but things tend to stay with me more than for you. I just having fun with it as I think the play on names are funny. I think he should have gone with GREED instead of GREET though

Currently just some low end stuff lol. I have an order on the way: TWSBI Eco, Platinum Preppy with O-rings and silicone grease to convert to an eyedropper, and 2 bottles of ink. Organic Studios- Ernest Hemmingway and Diamine Oxford Blue. I haven't even looked at anything on the higher end scale yet.
Hey, that's $10 more than the one I just got. Kaco in matte black. I have three pen now, all matte black. Which I think looks super cool and I was planning on getting more in that finish. But as they sit here I need a splash of colour.

I don't know the originals to compare to but he had a Terre d'Hermes copy called Humorous and it smelled near a dead wringer. I'm sure projection and longevity will be an issue but things tend to stay with me more than for you. I just having fun with it as I think the play on names are funny. I think he should have gone with GREED instead of GREET though
You might have just hit the honey pot then. Sorry homey pot.

Hey, that's $10 more than the one I just got. Kaco in matte black. I have three pen now, all matte black. Which I think looks super cool and I was planning on getting more in that finish. But as they sit here I need a splash of colour.
I saw that. Looked like a way more expensive pen than that!

I have been looking at the Kaweco Sport Brass or AL, but also thinking about getting on that is a bit more pricey. Gotta wait though cause my birthday is next month and my wife don't like me getting new stuff much this close.

Gotta wait though cause my birthday is next month and my wife don't like me getting new stuff much this close.
Me too! But I have my eye on a pen I might get myself to celebrate my new job I told her about. So we wouldn’t have another Paladin episode.

2019 shave #220 (DE:103 SE:62 Str:53 Cart:0) - 370 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Sorrentino Oregon State
CBL Russian Tea
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Endymion EdC & EdP

I just found out that I ran out of Schick blades! And then, and THEN I found out my precious Amazon doesn't stock them. Sad days. Good shave was had anyway, but without the smoothness of the Schick. The Feather was a bit tuggy and I didn't get that from the Feather Pro or the Schick. Have a video for today, but need to wait for someone else to come into work to post it. Oooo mystery....

#Oprahandnusredave You get a pack of blades and you get a pack of blades and you get......
I haven't had the time to do the math to see with added shipping if it's still cheaper to order than many and split it between some cadre folk.

2019 shave #221 (DE:103 SE:63 Str:53 Cart:0) - 371 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Sorrentino Oregon State
Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch
Alum
Witch Hazel
Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch AS

Yep, the Proguard is not meshing with the Vector as well as the others. Couldn't really tell you what's happening, but it feels like the guard is getting in the way. Gotta get me some Schick blades. And I love this scent. I really would love some Creed Viking. Maybe @Dave in KY can hook me up with some Creek Vicoin.

Headed to another town shortly for a 3 hr class. It's in the hospital I used to work at so it will be cool to swing by and say hi to folks. But last I saw, I was the only one enrolled for the class. That will make surfing on a phone a lot more awkward.

I take it by the single sign up, these classes aren’t mandatory...

Guess you could take the person out for a Brunch Training!!! Ohhhh yeaaaaa! :cool:

2019 shave #222 (DE:103 SE:64 Str:53 Cart:0) - 372 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Paladin Brush of Shave
Fine Platinum
Alum
Witch Hazel
Atelier Cologne Philtre Ceylan EdP

Video posted

Back