The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2019 shave #207 (DE:102 SE:54 Str:51 Cart:0) - 357 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Feather Pro (5)
TSC Legacy
L&L After the Rain
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
L&L After the Rain AS
Bleu de Chanel EdT

Just realized I forgot to post today's shave. I did try the magical waving Merlin past my face while chanting some incantations. I don't know any official incantations, so I just said stuff I might say if I were in @Spider's house to keep those creep dolls from attacking me. It seems to have worked because I had a SAS shave. It could have just been the growth from a super close shave yesterday, but don't be a skeptic. I decided SAS just wan't up to par and went ahead and did a three pass in addition to it. No surprise there was BBS at the end of the whole process.

Big date night tonight. I got my wife reservations at a nice restaurant in SF as I mentioned. So this is the night. She's heard the chef is known for coming out and talking to the customers, but she was also recently diagnosed with breast cancer. So glad we're going to experience it since the future of the restaurant is uncertain.

Enjoy your night out. Bad news for the chef, though treatments for breast Ca are well defined and refined these days. If caught soon enough, no one (woman or man) need die from it now.

2019 shave #208 (DE:102 SE:55 Str:51 Cart:0) - 358 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Feather Pro (6)
Sorrentino Oregon State
Scheermonnik Soek
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Mark Buxton Nameless

Opened the little drawer that I keep forgetting I have soap in to use something I don't see often. This stuff exploded into a ton of fluffy lather that had to be hydrated and thickened up. Worked like a champ. Video posted including comments about our dinner last night. I'll post a few pics.

I did have a "oh sh*t!" moment yesterday. In an meeting they mentioned if this certain situation occurs, people should escalate it to the Administrator on Call and they would know what to do. And it hit me. At some point I'm going to have to start taking 7 days of call at a time for the hospital. That will be me! I wouldn't have a clue what to tell them in that situation! I'm just this nurse that has a YouTube channel for shaving and I'm supposed to be the resource for the whole hospital. That's just plain scary to think about!

I did have a "oh sh*t!" moment yesterday. In an meeting they mentioned if this certain situation occurs, people should escalate it to the Administrator on Call and they would know what to do. And it hit me. At some point I'm going to have to start taking 7 days of call at a time for the hospital. That will be me! I wouldn't have a clue what to tell them in that situation! I'm just this nurse that has a YouTube channel for shaving and I'm supposed to be the resource for the whole hospital. That's just plain scary to think about!
You would at the very least be able to recommend a soap, or good razor choice (generally a Vectah)

Back