The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

I had to go look that up. I've been in my medical system so long that I forget what terms they use outside of it. I guess some folks do use Chief of Medicine to define the head doc. Often though it refers to the chief of the Medicine department. Chief of Staff would be the chiefs of the chiefs and the head ;)
Semantics depending on what/where you read but I bow to your knowledge on the subject. I just know which is the best razor 😛😂😈

Right now the hospital germs are slipping and sliding off Dave’s face, because there’s no place to hold on to! He’s got the sub-dermal, prepubescent, dolphin, baby butt smooth!

Hard to feel alum sting when you've shaved 16 layers of cells off as well as the facial furr you set out to remove. It's like a mini micro derm peel every morning. There's a reason it's called baby butt smooth ...cause the skin is as new as a baby's butt.

I feel your traffic pain man. I had to drive to Los Angeles yesterday and spent hours on the road. It's funny watching the map app ADD time to destination as you drive rather than take it away. We had a Dr's appt and didn't want to be late so we left early to leave room for traffic and parking (good thing we did, our 45 minute window shortened to about 10 minutes) only to have the doctor run an hour and a half late. ...but you KNOW if we were late checking in we would have been booted to the curb.

Dave and Busters ...what can I say, that place is not my favorite place but giving the kids loaded game cards would certainly make me willing to spend a little more time at the bar.

Dave and Busters ...what can I say, that place is not my favorite place but giving the kids loaded game cards would certainly make me willing to spend a little more time at the bar.
Better than the trampoline places and other places they wanted to go when they were younger. D&B's doesn't smell like feet!

I'm hoping I don't get bit in the behind by the traffic demon again. We have dinner reservations in the city Thursday night. One of those places where you need to make them months ahead of time and they won't hold your table for you.

That sucks about the show Dave. I have heard about the traffic in the Bay Area from friends of mine that used to live there. But man...I love me some Udon! The Japanese really can do interesting a delicious cuisine! I believe T&S no longer sell their fare in retail outlets but now only sell direct. Which kind of sucks since they are located in Canada. But it doesn't sound like the soap and AS agreed with you any way. Some really great shaves with the vector...and yup...that is on my list now definitely! My list is getting mighty big!

Better than the trampoline places and other places they wanted to go when they were younger. D&B's doesn't smell like feet!

I'm hoping I don't get bit in the behind by the traffic demon again. We have dinner reservations in the city Thursday night. One of those places where you need to make them months ahead of time and they won't hold your table for you.
My wife and I have such difficulties with being late we will make plans to do other trivial things in the general area of our "main event" so we can be there hours in advance if need be. When I used to work in the LA area it found leaving the house 5 minutes early could save 20 minutes on the road or 5 minutes late might cost 20-30 minutes more. Commute traffic is different than "lets go to dinner and a show" weekend traffic. I wish you luck sir!

That sucks about the show Dave. I have heard about the traffic in the Bay Area from friends of mine that used to live there. But man...I love me some Udon! The Japanese really can do interesting a delicious cuisine! I believe T&S no longer sell their fare in retail outlets but now only sell direct. Which kind of sucks since they are located in Canada. But it doesn't sound like the soap and AS agreed with you any way. Some really great shaves with the vector...and yup...that is on my list now definitely! My list is getting mighty big!
I did like it, I did! I just can't use the AS on my cheeks. Of course there's a good chance I'll forget that the next time I use it.

2019 shave #206 (DE:102 SE:53 Str:51 Cart:0) - 356 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Feather Pro (4)
RazoRock synth
The Club London
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Endymion EdP

Had a pretty rare occurrence this morning. I slept in. Not a lot. Just like 15 minutes. I opened my eyes and thought it was oddly light out, and whoops. So into high gear. Now, I really don't have set hours so all this rushing is basically because I have a schedule in my head as well as all the good (safe from dings) parking spots are gone if I roll in a little later. Did a fast shave with Merlin and guess what? Yep, BBS. I think tomorrow I'm just going to wave it in front of my face with some magical words and see if that works too.

It seems to be finally happening at work. There were some external forces that suddenly made it better for them if they make my promotion official sooner than later. So my boss hopes to have the paper work done by the end of the week and then it's in place with the next pay period. There's some shenanigan's going on with offices though, so I likely won't be moving into the office I thought I would be, but instead the 2nd person in my office moving out. Not as exciting as moving into a new house. but I'll move my desk around and pull out the 2nd desk and it will feel new.

Back