The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2019 shave #200 (DE:101 SE:49 Str:20 Cart:0) - 350 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Paladin Vintage Port Cleo
Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Saponificio Varesino Opuntia AS

I have no muffins or cookies, no three day weekend, but I'm wallowing in the magnificent scent of Opuntia..a...a...a...a. (echo effect there) And I hit some nice rounded off numbers today. Shave #200 of the year and 350 days in a row. Boom! How about them apples? The Doctor did admirable service today and the dolphins are screamin' baby! From the side-burn to the Adam's apple, everything is smoooooooth.

Now, if you guys love the Vector so much, why don't we see any with names yet?

Can’t go wrong with an SV shave! It’ll be interesting to see which ends up getting more love in your den, the RX or the incoming Vector!

2019 shave #201 (DE:101 SE:49 Str:21 Cart:0) - 351 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS Kamisori w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Sorrentino Sea Foam
CBL Oud Minerale
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Tom Ford Oud Minerale

@CBLSoap.com theme week and @CBLindsay's birthday? WHAT?!?!? Lets celebrate with pairing CBL with Tom Ford. Whoop Whoop!

I have two of these Kamisori dudes that hang out on my counter. So every day I can thing that I need to get a hang of using them or stash them. Finally pulled the trigger today. It's the super ugly green one that has the blade in it with the protection cover so it was used. Man, this is an ugly green! This was a tale of two shaves for sure. And I think this is exactly what happened last time I used it. First pass was fine, but the next two felt awkward and I was determined the lack of scales just hampers having balance with the razor. But in the end I got BBS with NO alum sting. Go figure.

Today I'm playing the "How early can I leave work game". The family is going to see Diavolo in Napa tonight. They are a Cirque type act that was on America's Got Talent. So leaving just a little early would help. But ya'll know how much I've been away from work so I'm hesitant to mention leaving early my first full week in some time. Tomorrow we celebrate my daughter's 13th birthday. And my wife's cousin and her kids are in town for a couple days. Should be a fun weekend!

Man, nice scents on the list today!

Give yourself permission to leave early, you’re the boss! Performance sounds like lots of fun! Enjoy!

Back