The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

I am certain that 95% of the stupidity reports and videos involving fireworks come out of Louisiana. We have undoubtedly the stupidest people when it comes to that part. With the availability of alcohol and virtually no restrictions on fireworks here...oh man...natural selection is hard at work here! 🤪

Sounds like Texas. I don’t think we have any firework restrictions either. But we have a special class of stupid people that also shoot firearms into the air. Easy to tell the Black Cats from the semi-auto fire.

Sounds like Texas. I don’t think we have any firework restrictions either. But we have a special class of stupid people that also shoot firearms into the air. Easy to tell the Black Cats from the semi-auto fire.

We have that particular class of stupidity as well. Driving home from work the night of the 4th was downright unnerving. I was expecting bullets to start punching through the car roof any second. And there is one person in the neighborhood that blows what I'm pretty sure are a few sticks of dynamite every year.

I worked security over New Years once and the small arms fire at midnight triggered some very unpleasant memories that I quit the following week.

2019 shave #189 (DE:95 SE:46 Str:48 Cart:0) - 339 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum “The Doctor” w/ Feather Proguard (1)
RazoRock synth
The Club The Closer
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
The Club The Closer AS

One of those soaps I forgot I have. I have to stack my soaps in...well....stacks now to cram as many as possible in the drawer. So I need to be ninja like moving plastic tubs in a wood drawer in the dark hours. I will say, many of “The Club” soaps smell very similar, but that’s okay because it’s in my wheelhouse.

End of the day here in Cancun. Yep it’s hot and yep it’s humid. Told my wife I want to go to Alaska next summer because this summer’s trips have been sweaty every day. The resort is something else though. Can’t fathom how big it is without being here. Stretch golf carts are always looping around to take people from place to place. It’s actually a complex of three resorts. We were worried as this is our first all-inclusive, but everything has been top notch so far. After getting settled we grabbed dinner and then just walked around the main part of our resort while the two youngest went back to their room to play in the big jetted tub they have. Tomorrow is water park day.

We did an all-inclusive in Riviera Maya for our honeymoon. I was also a little curious of how good the quality would be, but everything from the room to the food to the service was great. Glad you guys are having a good time!

I hope they have a “lazy river” where you get on your tube and just kinda float around. My favorite water feature. Enjoy your stay!

When you get back you should reach out and give me details on the all inclusive. We have considered a trip like that. But we always end up booking a cruise instead.

Yesterday
2019 shave #190 (DE:96 SE:46 Str:48 Cart:0) - 340 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Israeli Personna (1)
Stirling synth
K Shave Worx Beechwood Forrest
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea post-shave balm

Video posted

2019 shave #191 (DE:97 SE:46 Str:48 Cart:0) - 341 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Israeli Personna (2)
Stirling synth
Oz Shave Tic-Toc
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea post-shave balm

I’m too old for this stuff. We’re cleaning up for dinner and the wife and I are ready for a nap if not bed. Shave first. Same as yesterday other than the soap. I brought the Personnas just to change things up. But I might be getting set in my ways and just want to stick with what works best. Both days of using this, I was thinking the Feather is better.

This morning it was swimming with the dolphins. Started with a shuttle to another resort in the complex where the shuttle would pick us up. Had breakfast at their buffet there. It was meh. Lots of ethnic stuff that I just wasn’t in the mood for. The swimming with dolphins was cool. My wife decided at the last minute not to do it because she felt bad for the dolphins. Not that I disagree, but we also do zoos and aquariums. I’ll stay with boycotting Walmart and Chick-Fil-A. The coolest part was getting pushed by two dolphins while you’re laying on a boogie board. They are strong! The rest was the obligatory kissing and dancing and such which it feels is mostly to get cute pics to by. We swore we would not buy their pics as they charge $$$$$$ for them, but of course we did so the girls could have them since it is a neat thing to get to do. Came back to the resort, hit a pool for drinks and snack and as I said, the older ones are ready for bed. Have reservations at a Mexican restaurant tonight. One of 4 here that you need reservations for. I think ocean swimming will wait til tomorrow or the next day.

Back