The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Wednesday:
2019 shave #192 (DE:98 SE:46 Str:48 Cart:0) - 342 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Israeli Personna (3)
Stirling synth
?
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea post-shave balm

Thursday:
2019 shave #193 (DE:99 SE:46 Str:48 Cart:0) - 343 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Israeli Personna (4)
Stirling synth
TOBS Peppermint
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea post-shave balm

Friday:
2019 shave #194 (DE:100 SE:46 Str:48 Cart:0) - 344 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (1)
Stirling synth
Mystic Water Leather and Smoke
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea post-shave balm

Saturday:
2019 shave #195 (DE:100 SE:46 Str:49 Cart:0) - 345 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (7)
Sorrentino Sea Foam
TOBS Jermyn Street
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
TOBS Jermyn Street EdC

Sunday:
2019 shave #196 (DE:100 SE:46 Str:20 Cart:0) - 346 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (8)
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
Sapone Di Paolo Bosco
Alum
Witch Hazel
Atelier Cologne Vetiver Fatal EdP

2019 shave #197 (DE:100 SE:47 Str:20 Cart:0) - 347 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Paladin Brush of Shame
The Holy Black Oatmeal Cookies
Alum
Witch Hazel
Marc-Antoine B683

I'm back in the saddle again. Back to work. No more PTO scheduled. At all. Sad face. We do have a few things on the calendar yet this summer which all together is going to probably be the shortest feeling summer we've had.

Shave-wise, I'm still being a little too aggressive with the SS and can only do a couple shaves in a row with it when I'm really going for the BBS. I'm jonesing for that Vector to use in times like this. Though, it is a bit of a sissy move. I got a great shave with the RX. It just takes your time and attention or you'll pay the price. The Vector I imagine whipping all around my face in a willie nilly manner leaving a wake of glass smooth skin. I really need to just order it and stop thinking of all the soaps I need. Especially because my soap drawer is full. FULL I say. Ain't no more space for just one more tub on its side. One in the back corner. And this is with an overflow drawer for the little and off-size tubs and a plastic tub under the bed.

You had some great trips Dave! I agree though, coming home after the last big trip with nothing else on the calendar is a bit depressing lol.

At least you’ve got your shaves!

What no more PTO?

I have 3 more days scheduled next week Mon thru Wed. Then I don't have any scheduled until Black Friday.

What no more PTO?

I have 3 more days scheduled next week Mon thru Wed. Then I don't have any scheduled until Black Friday.
We know what we plan to do for the next two summers, but no dates picked out yet. Hope to get up to Oregon and family for Christmas. But we deal with holidays as a department and I have to know what job I'll be in at that time as well. Still have about 350 hrs of PTO though ;)

You had some great trips Dave! I agree though, coming home after the last big trip with nothing else on the calendar is a bit depressing lol.

At least you’ve got your shaves!
I'm living vicariously through Rich until his cruise is over.

2019 shave #198 (DE:100 SE:48 Str:20 Cart:0) - 348 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Plissoft knot in Shave Revolution handle
CBL Morning Blend
Alum
Witch Hazel
Penhaligon's Endymion EdP

My intent was to do the hand soap shave today, but I got out of bed late. I don't use snooze, or even an alarm for that matter. I'm awake, but I'll be reading the forums or playing a game and think one more thread. Ok, just one more. And then poof, I'm late. No time for video. So I figured for once I'd play along with today's theme of CBL soap. Easy enough, the whole first row in the drawer is CBL 4 tubs deep. This is my 2nd or 3rd use of Morning Blend. I enjoyed it more this time since I wasn't being critical looking for a straight coffee scent. I want to try it with one of the muffing soaps, but I didn't think of that until it was too late. Did still get a little tingle from it.

When I was getting dressed today for a 1/4 second maybe I thought about getting my shorts on as I've been living in them for almost 2 weeks. Got me thinking (again) about how silly our rules around clothes are. I can do the same job in shorts and a t-shirt, but society has arbitrarily decided that respect comes with the style in which cloth is worn on the body. But I'll stop here because this will turn into a rant and I want Dave to say I REALLY deserve the Vector.

Last edited:
2019 shave #199 (DE:101 SE:48 Str:20 Cart:0) - 349 days of consecutive shaving
Psycho razor w/ Feather (1)
no brush
Stirling Kaboom hand soap
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea post shave balm

This was actually a quick and very good shave. A little alum sting on the end and switched from the 2:1 to the balm because I assumed applying standard soap this much would dry out the skin. Video posted.

Back