The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

What part of Mexico you going to again? I still have family down in Mazatlan. Haven't been in awhile though. Going to be hot this time of year though where ever you going.
Cancun. Ya, I've been thinking about that. Maybe not as hot as Utah it seems. Highs of 88-90 while we're there.

Summer Adventures of the Traveling BossNurse!

Sounds like a long day tomorrow...but stepping out that door at 5 is gonna feel sooooo gooood!

2019 shave #185 (DE:93 SE:45 Str:47 Cart:0) - 335 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Plisoft knot in Shave Revolution handle
The Club Vacanza Romana
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Galimard Sensuel Safran

We're in a groove now brothers. Grabbed the SS again and did a two pass. Then did just a couple clean up swipes on the neck with the SS and only a little added water because this soap is so slick. Finished off with a scent I bought in a perfumery in a little town in France known for making perfume. Worried I might have gone a touch heavy it on it multiple sprays because now that I think of it, I think it's pure perfume. All I'll say is luckily my office mate's computer is dead so he's working in an adjacent office today.

Been delaying posting pics from our last time with the intent of adding titles that might makes things more understandable. But I don't see me getting to that in the near future. So those interested can find them here: 2019 Mediterranean Cruise - nursedave

Great stuff Dave. Your cruise stuff is blocked at work. So I will take a gander when home.

@NurseDave I was talking to my brother who got a ride in a customers SP85D. He works on Ford GT's and has been in some we'll say VERY fast cars but was impressed with it. One of the fastest off the line he's experienced. What model is yours ?

Last edited:
2019 shave #186 (DE:93 SE:45 Str:48 Cart:0) - 336 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (6)
?
Tallow + Steel Sicily
Alum
Witch Hazel

2019 shave #187 (DE:94 SE:45 Str:48 Cart:0) - 337 days of consecutive shaving
Timeless w/ Voskhod (3)
?
CBL Cigar Shop Indian
Alum
Witch Hazel
GTB AS
GTB EdP

2019 shave #188 (DE:95 SE:45 Str:48 Cart:0) - 338 days of consecutive shaving
Super Speed w/ Voskhod (1)
RazoRock synth
The Club Oriental Oud
Alum
Witch Hazel
Tom Ford Oud Minerale

I hate getting behind in my journal. Just seems to happen all too easy when I'm not at my work desk. No stand out shaves. I did remember how much I like Cigar Shop Indian and that the Super Speed really needs a Feather in it.

Uneventful 4th. We did a few fireworks behind the house. I'm sure what we call fireworks are just glorified sparklers to most of you. And even what we did was illegal here and bought 2 miles away in another city. As a homeowner, I appreciate them trying to control wayward sparks setting my roof on fire. As a believer in Darwin and survival of the fittest, I with at least they would allow things with big explosions.

Yeah, I’ve gone pretty lax for the 4th. I don’t buy fireworks because the only ones that excite me are all illegal, so I just enjoy other people’s fruits of toeing the line of the law.

They just legalized “fireworks” here in NJ. Like you said, they just glorified sparklers. Nothing you can buy legally in NJ actually explodes lol.

They just legalized “fireworks” here in NJ. Like you said, they just glorified sparklers. Nothing you can buy legally in NJ actually explodes lol.
I’m surprised to hear that anyone is getting less restrictive. But no exploding is okay by Willie I’m sure.

I am certain that 95% of the stupidity reports and videos involving fireworks come out of Louisiana. We have undoubtedly the stupidest people when it comes to that part. With the availability of alcohol and virtually no restrictions on fireworks here...oh man...natural selection is hard at work here! 🤪

Back