The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Solerno, Italy. We'll go to Positano and Sorrento.
La Spezia, Italy. We'll go on a boat tour to Cinque Terre.
Villefranche, France. This is the excursion to Eze to make perfume.
Marseilles, France. Only wine related stuff @Dave in KY. Going to Chateau Neuf Pape and Avignon.
Barcelona. Just bum around on foot there or do a city tour.
Spending a day in Rome before the cruise to see the Vatican.

So jealous! Seeing the Vatican is on my bucket list for sure!

and Sorrento.

It is spelled S-o-r-r-e-n-t-i-n-o and they make great shave brushes!

For sure, get me on the ship and I'm good.

Best way to travel!

2019 shave #156 (DE:73 SE:43 Str:40 Cart:0) - 305 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Schick 30 (3)
TSC Legacy
Siliski Toasted Almond
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
TOBS Eaton College Edwhatever

Well, we have a problem. I woke up all ready for a GTB and I couldn't find my GTB. I gave in and rearranged my soap drawer to fit in just a few more soaps and they all now in stacks by company. I couldn't find my Chiseled Face stack and it's not too quite to go through them, so I punted and grabbed something else. To repeat an oft repeated phrase here "this stuff is a great performer and should be used more". I also recalled I think I have an AS of this, but it's not on my shelf so again, couldn't use it this morning.

Got a very close BBS with the Schick, but had to use even less of the no pressure with the RX than usual. This one takes some thought for sure to not over exfoliate.

2019 shave #156 (DE:73 SE:43 Str:40 Cart:0) - 305 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Schick 30 (3)
TSC Legacy
Siliski Toasted Almond
Alum
Witch Hazel
TOBS Eaton College Edwhatever

Well, we have a problem. I woke up all ready for a GTB and I couldn't find my GTB. I gave in and rearranged my soap drawer to fit in just a few more soaps and they all now in stacks by company. I couldn't find my Chiseled Face stack and it's not too quite to go through them, so I punted and grabbed something else. To repeat an oft repeated phrase here "this stuff is a great performer and should be used more". I also recalled I think I have an AS of this, but it's not on my shelf so again, couldn't use it this morning.

Got a very close BBS with the Schick, but had to use even less of the no pressure with the RX than usual. This one takes some thought for sure to not over exfoliate.

Toasted Almond and Edwhatever?! My gosh man you were all over the place.

2019 shave #157 (DE:74 SE:43 Str:40 Cart:0) - 306 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Voshkod (1)
Stirling synth
GTB
Alum
Witch Hazel
GTB AS
GTB EdP

Look at me, I'm a Russian Cowboy!! To quote Rich, hello friends. Found the GTB and all is good. Been in a rut with the 6S for a while. Just seem to be gravitating to wanting a no-nonsense shave that's going to be irritation free and BBS. And this delivers every time. Decided I could change it up with a little touch of the Voshkod. Cue John Malkovich in his Russian accent with a cowboy hat. "Git a-long leetle doe-ggies" BTW, he has a reoccurring Russian character on Billions, which reminds me of his character on Rounders which reminds of what? Oreos.

2019 shave #158 (DE:75 SE:43 Str:40 Cart:0) - 307 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Voshkod (2)
Paladin Vintage Port Cleo
A&E Revolution
Alum
Witch Hazel
A&E Revolution AS

The Voshkod really came into its own with this 2nd shave. Nice and smooth. Dare I say the dolphins are screaming with no alum sting. I wouldn't say it works in all razors, but it is matching with the 6S very well. I grabbed this soap thinking of using a different scent, but then I remembered I have the matching AS, so you can't break up a set.

Three more days of work, but all my major meetings are done. Mostly just balancing work that needs to get done at some point with how early is it appropriate for me to leave each day. Unfortunately the days of me sneaking out at 1 or 2 are over. I do have a meeting today that I've never been to. Breast Steering Committee. I'm sure it's going to be much more boring than it sounds.

Sounds like it’s time to schedule some lunch meetings! Interesting committee name...

Back