The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Solerno, Italy. We'll go to Positano and Sorrento.
La Spezia, Italy. We'll go on a boat tour to Cinque Terre.
Villefranche, France. This is the excursion to Eze to make perfume.
Marseilles, France. Only wine related stuff @Dave in KY. Going to Chateau Neuf Pape and Avignon.
Barcelona. Just bum around on foot there or do a city tour.
Spending a day in Rome before the cruise to see the Vatican.
Sounds like a trip of a lifetime. Enjoy

Wowsers! And to stay on schedule you’ll b3 doing several more Cruise shaves than me because you shave daily! Calm seas my friend! Oh and no Proraso allowed.

Solerno, Italy. We'll go to Positano and Sorrento.
La Spezia, Italy. We'll go on a boat tour to Cinque Terre.
Villefranche, France. This is the excursion to Eze to make perfume.
Marseilles, France. Only wine related stuff @Dave in KY. Going to Chateau Neuf Pape and Avignon.
Barcelona. Just bum around on foot there or do a city tour.
Spending a day in Rome before the cruise to see the Vatican.
Awesome! (y)

Yesterday’s shave:
2019 shave #152 (DE:72 SE:40 Str:40 Cart:0) - 301 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (1)
RaxoRock synth
Sapone di whatever citrus stuff
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1

The thing about this shave is I decided to see how moving up from plate 3 to plate 4 did for me. Turns out I ended up forgetting that I changed it until near the end of the shave. So I was lucky that it was all good given that I wasn’t paying any attention to the pressure or anything and just doing my normal 6S shave. Guess I’ll stick with this one then.

2019 shave #153 (DE:72 SE:41 Str:40 Cart:0) - 302 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum “The Doctor” RX w/ Schick (1)
Custom synth
Tallow + Steel Sicily
Alum
Witch Hazel

Video posted. We are now standing in line for a breakfast place my wife wants to try. Thought it opened at 8:30 and got here at 7:55. We were 2nd in line and find out it doesn’t open til 9. 55min to go and there’s already 10 people in line!

My brother stands in lines like that for famous donuts etc etc................I think it's nuts.
Been waiting to reuse these quotes........................didn't even take a week. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

"I'm just sitting here laughing" "Glad you're enjoying yourself Dave 🙂 "

My brother stands in lines like that for famous donuts etc etc................I think it's nuts.
Been waiting to reuse these quotes........................didn't even take a week. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

"I'm just sitting here laughing" "Glad you're enjoying yourself Dave 🙂 "
Brother you have me cracking up over here

We are now standing in line for a breakfast place my wife wants to try. Thought it opened at 8:30 and got here at 7:55. We were 2nd in line and find out it doesn’t open til 9.
Breakfast... and it doesn't open until 9??? I'm already up, ready, drove 45 minutes to work, and 3/4 of the way to lunch by then.

Breakfast... and it doesn't open until 9??? I'm already up, ready, drove 45 minutes to work, and 3/4 of the way to lunch by then.
I think it was a one shift type of place. I hear ya. My lunch is usually at 11 during the week.

Yesterday's shave

2019 shave #154 (DE:72 SE:42 Str:40 Cart:0) - 303 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum “The Doctor” RX w/ Schick (2)
Paladin Brush of Shame
A&E Cafe au Lait
Alum
Witch Hazel

Finally got the video posted. Jeesh, yesterday man. Started off with a lovely shave with some awesome coffee via @uacowboy. But when I tried to post the video it got hung-up on the processing phase. Over an hour of retries, moving it to the computer. Looking for internet problems. Then when my wife gets home I'm told there was a huge Google problem. Google! Don't let me down! I've said before that I'd be fine with Amazon and Google running the world, but we can't have any down time. After that I was sorting out my camera bag and found my charger and extra battery weren't in there. House-wide search ensues to no avail. Luckily Amazon came through for me and new ones will be here Tuesday. Just frustrating that I really don't need two chargers and three batteries, and at some point someone will say "oh here it is!". Warriors did win though. And on the road. And with three key players out by the end. So there's that.

2019 shave #155 (DE:73 SE:42 Str:40 Cart:0) - 304 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (2)
Sorrentino Oregon State
CBL Cigar Shop Indian
Alum
Witch Hazel
Penhaligon's Satorial

Repeated my shave with plate #4. Sweet little deal. With plate #3 I don't need to think about it. Plate #4 is benefited by a little thought to pressure which makes me more involved in the shave. Options are good.

Back