The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2019 shave #141 (DE:64 SE:39 Str:39 Cart:0) - 290 days of consecutive shaving
Merkur 38c w/ Feather (1)
Stirling synth
Tallow + Steel Sicily
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Wholly Kaw Agrumi in Estate

Hey, you guys ever heard of Merkor?? Merkur? It's a decent little razor. Just kidding of course. This is the 2nd DE razor I had. Decided to pull it out as I've been avoiding the basic razor in favor of the flashy and more avant guard ones. Threw a Feather in it and got a great shave. And this soap. Yes the T+S soaps are usually polarizing. And to me that's a good thing. It means if you find one you like it's going to slap you in the face with goodness. These are not simple scents and I love that. This is a touch similar to Agrumi in Estate, but done in a more complex and sophisticated manner. This is the one that I would say is like walking through a citrus orchard. Usually I feel the notes of cirtrus peels/leaves/branches are much too "green" and bitter smelling. With Sicily they are blended perfectly with the juice scents. Really like this one. Now I hope the AS scent sticks around. I'll have to get some and find out.

Oh ya, nice weekend this weekend. Got a couple clean up items done around the house. And then got a ton of time to just sit and plow through a bunch of magazines that have been collecting until my reading spot was ready. Good times.

Hmmm those merkur razors sound promising. Weird never heard them mentioned before.

Don’t own a Merkur and never have. I got several others that the need for one of them kinda went away before I ever felt it.

I actually was joking lol. I do have a slant merkur it's alright. IT was a gift so will never get rid of it. I need to pull it out soon.

2019 shave #142 (DE:65 SE:39 Str:39 Cart:0) - 291 days of consecutive shaving
Merkur 38c w/ Feather (2)
RazoRock synth
Oleo Soapworks Humanitas
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Roaring Radcliff

Slow getting out of bed by a couple of minutes so I just repeated the razor from yesterday. It's ok, and I wonder why I don't just PIF off some of the stuff I used when starting. No reason to have stuff you feel like you should use with the only reason being because you haven't for a while. Shave was fine with a BBS. But it's just your basic BBS. No other letters. No screaming dolphins. (@CBLindsay I haven't forgotten I need to think of a scent to pair with that name) And in an attempt to clean up my drawers a little, I used a sample scent floating around in there. I think I still need a bottle of this, but first I need an intense citrus that smells like T+S Sicily. @cmh737?

Ya, yesterday at work more occupying than some days. I didn't have to stay late, but had stuff to do most of the day. Today should be pretty chill with my office mate on PTO and a committee meeting being cancelled, mostly because of lack of interest by myself and my doc co-chair. Nice morning how I like. Low cloud level, lights off in the office to make it chill and get some music going.

I actually was joking lol. I do have a slant merkur it's alright. IT was a gift so will never get rid of it. I need to pull it out soon.
Well I knew you were joking, but they really aren't seen here much. Saw them a lot at the other place where not everyone was an enabler.

I was actually thinking, you don't see much use of the more basic modern razors with this group.
The 34C was my go to for several years when I wasn't using vintage. Only recently when I began my journey to see if there was something better and I began to look at Rockwell, Karve, Timeless, RazoRock, Parker, etc...... Really, I just used my 34C today, and it was just as good as all the rest.

I have tried the Karve, I own a Model T and a 6c Rockwell, I own the Parker Variant, I own the Razorock SLOC and GameChanger .84, an Icon SB tech head, a Fatip Piccolo with OC and SB plates, two other Tech type modern razors on branded Gentleman Jon that I believe is an Icon and one Weishi clone by Vikings Blade. Not really sure which is my favorite but I get good shaves from all of them. I also have a few vintage ones that I like as well.

Didn't shave as well and dispensed with it...
You make it sound so violent......

business-software.jpg

....I need an intense citrus that smells like T+S Sicily. @cmh737?....
I'm not sure what T&S Sicily smells like. The only two T&S soaps I've used are "Himalaya" and "West Indies". But citrus frags that immediately come to mind are: AdP Colonia, Creed Imperial, Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche, Penhaligon's Bayolea, Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet. Oh, I know one, but it's fleeting, and that's Guerlain's Eau de Guerlain Imperiale.

Back