The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Work made her fly out on Mother’s Day?! 😮

Well belated happy Mr Mother’s Day then. Sorry the cough is still hanging on. My who family has a cough going around too at the moment.

Work made her fly out on Mother’s Day?! 😮

Well belated happy Mr Mother’s Day then. Sorry the cough is still hanging on. My who family has a cough going around too at the moment.
Ya, big meeting on Monday so there ya go. I was told next year brunch at the Ritz would be in order.

Yesterday's shave

2019 shave #135 (DE:62 SE:39 Str:35 Cart:0) - 284 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (2)
Stirling synth
L&L After the Rain
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
L&L After the Rain AS

Video posted

Man, I'm terrible about posting my own shaves. I'm interested in what ch'all are doing. Not myself. Well okay, I'm not as bad as @clyde72.

2019 shave #136 (DE:63 SE:39 Str:35 Cart:0) - 285 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (3)
Stirling synth
CBL Russian Tea
Alum
Witch Hazel
Penhaligon's Endymion EdP

Last day of the Mr Mom duty. Hasn't been too bad, just a busy week with stuff happening every day in the evening. I can do with a little less taxi duty. I still have yet to just relax in the new chairs with a glass of wine and book or magazine. I've got a big pile of Air & Space and Smithsonian mags to get through. Maybe Friday. Took the oldest to a meeting for high school sports last night. Guess things are going to get serious. They explained the rules about when they can have contact with the coaches and start having workouts etc. I think the level of competition will be an eye-opener.

Good job Mr. Mom!

Are you guys already a pretty sports oriented family? All the practices, games, travel and what not?

Good job Mr. Mom!

Are you guys already a pretty sports oriented family? All the practices, games, travel and what not?
The oldest is all about basketball. But luckily so far hasn't been in one of those year around things. The youngest did basketball earlier in the year. The middle one is in gymnastics. Been worse though. Once all three of them were in softball at the same time and on 2 different times. That felt like a looong season.

....Took the oldest to a meeting for high school sports last night. Guess things are going to get serious. They explained the rules about when they can have contact with the coaches and start having workouts etc. I think the level of competition will be an eye-opener.

Sounds interesting/challenging.

Your journal is easy for me to get caught up on. Good stuff Dave.

2019 shave #137 (DE:63 SE:39 Str:36 Cart:0) - 286 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Sorrentino Sea Foam
?
Alum
Witch Hazel
Penhaligon's Satorial EdP

There was a comedian that did a bit about his three most recent injuries. I know one of them was tweaking his back getting out of bed. I think another was sneezing so hard that he pulled a muscle in his neck. His point was getting old and his last three injuries being the result of just living. Last night my knee was a sore on the inside. A place I've never actually "felt" before. My wind when back to the last time of getting into the car and trying be quick, while avoiding a big puddle and trying to put the pizza box on the passenger seat. I figure I must have just twisted stuff the wrong way something happened to something in there. (how you like that deep medical knowledge Dave?) And I was thinking about those stories of some little thing just done the wrong way that ends up laying up some person that isn't quite sprite any more. We has someone in our office that was cleaning her bathroom mirror and just stepped down off the toilet and her a pop. Ended up ripping her calf and had to work from home for a very long time and then came to work with one of those scooter things. All from stepping off the toilet! Luckily I didn't wake up in any more pain than a little soreness and warmth there so far. Anyway, as my grandpa used to say, getting old ain't for sissies!

Oh ya, I shaved this morning.

Back