The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

I'd rather less exciting shaves that are superb than exciting with mediocre results but I see you are a thrill seeker. May all your shaves render the excitement you crave. Nice set up today 👍

I'd rather less exciting shaves that are superb than exciting with mediocre results but I see you are a thrill seeker. May all your shaves render the excitement you crave. Nice set up today 👍
Maybe I'll have to spice it up in some other way? Candles? Jazz music? Wall mounted screen showing cadre shave videos?

2019 shave #117 (DE:51 SE:33 Str:35 Cart:0) - 266 days of consecutive shaving
The Holy Black SR-71 w/ Feather (1)
RazoRock synth
Sapone Di Paolo Agrume
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Imaginary Authors The Cobra and The Canary

After shave today. After a meh breakfast out I spent the morning cleaning up the garage some, washing and vacuuming the cars and so on. Been messing around with the SR-71 handle so thought I’d roll the dice trying to relive the first amazing shave I had with this razor. Nope. Same ole vibration and sore neck. Guess I need to learn. Tried one of my new scent samples. I didn’t take Eric’s advice to go easy on it and did 4 sprays over various locations. It was not received well by the family. The scent notes for this one don’t seems to correlate to what I’m smelling at all. Unless tobacco flowers are a dark scent.

Going to spend the next few hours on the couch banging out the last 4 episodes of Band of Brothers with the oldest.

I didn’t take Eric’s advice to go easy on it and did 4 sprays over various locations.

I don't know...it seems like you went pretty light on it to me. I usually do like six or seven spritzes, splashes, or what have you. 🤪

Band of Brothers is on my short list to watch. Don’t know how I haven’t seen it yet to be honest.

Are you kidding me? Forget all other war movies or series. This is the Ultimate War Series. And HIGHLY accurate! I actually knew the Grandson (albeit briefly...I best friends with a guy who knows him well) of Doc Roe (real person...not the actor). Anyway...Mr. StephanieCharlotteFrancis...if you appreciate history in any facet...you will appreciate Band of Brothers.

Are you kidding me? Forget all other war movies or series. This is the Ultimate War Series. And HIGHLY accurate! I actually knew the Grandson (albeit briefly...I best friends with a guy who knows him well) of Doc Roe (real person...not the actor). Anyway...Mr. StephanieCharlotteFrancis...if you appreciate history in any facet...you will appreciate Band of Brothers.
I’m definitely a history guy. And I love WWII history. My grandfather (not the barber) was drafted into the army when we joined the war. His unit was captured and he spent 26 months in a German prison camp.

2019 shave #118 (DE:53 SE:33 Str:35 Cart:0) - 267 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Voskhod (2)
RazoRock synth
Sapone Di Paolo Bosco
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1

Last minute change of plans meant we needed to speed up leaving the house and I did a speed shave. The 6S is the Vector of the DE world. Not the sexiest razor, but you can whip this thing around and get an awesome shave every time. Didn’t apply a scent because I was planning to hit Bloomingdales later to check out some Tom Ford scents.

Is that the soapmaker known as Eleven Now and How do you pronounce that maker ? 🤪:ROFLMAO:

Nice shave Dave, Let us know what you find about the Tom Ford Scents ? Just got a Grey Vetiver from Chris but haven't used it yet.....................I haven't even sprayed a post it note........

Back