The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Bummer about the allergies. I'm currently fighting off a sinus infection so I feel your pain.
I'm not sure I really know what blade chatter is, but I remember the Voskhod not being great for me in my 6c.

And holy crap....I totally forgot about bingo! 🤦‍♂️

Screaming Dolphin BBS FTW! Nice job!

I think allergies have been beating several of us up. Hope you have an easy Friday!

Yesterday's shave

2019 shave #110 (DE:50 SE:28 Str:34 Cart:0) - 259 days of consecutive shaving
Vector w/ Feather Proguard (5)
SV 2.0
SV 70th
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
SV 70th AS

2019 shave #111 (DE:50 SE:29 Str:34 Cart:0)B15 - 260 days of consecutive shaving
Vector w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Plissoft knot in Shave Revolution handle
The Club Signature
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Savage

As per usual, I'm not keeping up with my journal entries on the weekend. I have the Vector in my hands and this is the 2nd shave with it. I know you'be all been waiting in anticipation since there aren't a lot of opinions on this razor in the cadre and those that are out there aren't really that definitive. Here's where I'm at. Functionally it's a great razor. I got a super smooth BBS both yesterday and today with the Proguard blade. Yesterday with some alum sting on the neck, today none at all. So in that manner I would say it's a nose better than the RX which is more likely to need a little swipe of clean-up or leave some alum sting. Experience wise, it's not at the RX standards. It's too light weight to feel substantial and the handle is too skinny. If I didn't have a wonderful SE, I would likely pick this up for the shave that it gives. And it's not totally out of the question that I might pick one up for that reason as well. But I'm not rushing to get it because I don't see myself reaching for it over the RX that often.

Hmmm So RX better than Vector this Dave says. But the others say no the Vector is better. Don't you all have to agree on everything? I thought was required?

Hmmm So RX better than Vector this Dave says. But the others say no the Vector is better. Don't you all have to agree on everything? I thought was required?
I could never get a bloodless shave with the RX. Selling the RX to fund the Vector was a no-brainer.

Nice thoughts Mr. Nurse. I think you might be more in line with my way of thinking...but I am still going to hold out until I try it.

I could never get a bloodless shave with the RX. Selling the RX to fund the Vector was a no-brainer.
I could but they were never efficient enough........funny how that's what some think is it's strong suit. Heavier model Generals were my best shaves but didn't like the size of the head. The Vector is perfect for me.

Back