The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2019 shave #101 (DE47 SE:21 Str:34 Cart:0) - 249 days of consecutive shaving
THB SR-71 w/ Voskhod (3)
Paladin Brush of Shame
Siliski Soaps Toasted Almond
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea post shave balm
Siliski Soaps Toasted Almond post shave

This was a "meh" shave. Every time I use the SR-71, it feels like the blade is vibrating more. What I want is this stubby little thing to hold an AC blade. Anyone know of something like that?? The end result of the shave was fine, just felt like I needed to be careful like when using a cheap plastic razor. The soap was good, just not paired with the right razor. It smelled like almond I would say. I didn't really get a roasted note with it. Mostly a marzipany scent. And the post shave threw me off. I found this in a drawer with the soap last night and didn't really look at the bottle other than to see it matched with the soap. When I went to use it, nothing came out of the restrictor. Shook and shook and got one or two little drops. I took it apart, ran water through it and tried again. Same thing getting 2 oily drops I rubbed on my cheek. Then I read the bottle and saw it wasn't an aftershave splash, it was a hydrating post shave. Ok, so it's thicker I guess? Took the restrictor off, pour some in my hand and rubbed it on. Ok, bad choice. Very thick and oily. After letting it sit for 10min, I wiped off the excess with a paper towel. Now things are fine on my face and I am hydrated, but hours later I still feel like there is a film on my hands. I'm not a fan and will be tossing it.

Work is interesting. In a nebulous type of area right now. It's one thing to start a new job and get the training you need for it. It's another to have a title change and poof, you're supposed to be making different decisions and know about things you didn't care about before. I went though this once transitioning from a floor nurse to management so I know there's an end to it. But not being confident in the meantime kinda blows.

Sorry about the overall shave bit tomorrow's another day. I remember first time using that on camera you were ready to buy stock in the company. Put that stubby handle on a vector head 👍

Lol bummer about the haphazard shave. Guess finding random things in your drawers that you forgot you had isn’t always a blessing :ROFLMAO:

Hang in there man!

Still waiting to see if Mr. Boss Man went Home and what the verdict is with the Rx
Nope, still at work. Then I have to play taxi for a while. But glad you mentioned it, I had forgotten already. I'm pretty sure the post on the 71 is thicker though.

Nope, still at work. Then I have to play taxi for a while. But glad you mentioned it, I had forgotten already. I'm pretty sure the post on the 71 is thicker though.
Most are standardized. Hope it works.........................if it does it calls for a video shave with it ;)

Oh for sure. But IF it does work, then I'll have to buy a black RX just to use with this handle! That would n20t be a good thing. Here's just a line for me to72 practice inserting in b1ngo calls to get you all excited!

Back