The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Yesterday's shave

2019 shave #74 (DE:36 SE:17 Str:21 Cart:0) - 223 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum RX w/ Feather Proguard
RazoRock synth
?
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1

I was busy at work yesterday and forgot to post my shave. I don't even remember what soap I used.

2019 shave #75 (DE:36 SE:17 Str:22 Cart:0) - 224 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (3)
TSC Legacy
Oleo Empire
Alum
Witch Hazel
Oleo Empire AS

HaHA!! Video posted of this one! Took me a few extra minutes because I needed to edit a couple of things for KJ on it.

Picked the Legacy brush for obvious reasons and the Empire soap because Mr KY sent me the splash for it. I thought that embodied the generosity we see all the time here in the cadre. I agree with Dave, the slash is very drying, so really needs a balm or something with it. But the scent is great after it dries down from a ton of alcohol and maybe menthol. But I need to put lotion on my hands after applying it. We'll see what the longevity of it is. It was super strong when I got to work and I was worried it might be a bit too much, but it's quickly fading.

Yeah, we NEED to know. An occasional video, sometimes drops a post with no picture and now starts leaving off items. Before you know it his posts will be blank....
Man O man the peer pressure for a SOTD pic. I could do that, but I take them right before I shave so at 5:45 you're just getting the stuff sitting on my counter or the corner of the shower.

Took me a few extra minutes because I needed to edit a couple of things for KJ on it.
For Moi?

Yeah, good looking lather Bro! Sorry if my comments made you self conscious..... Glad you figured it out! (That dang Josh!)

OH.... THAYERS... now I see it! LOL, good to know you can edit the CC. They do a fine job with Auto CC, but lots of errors.

Man O man the peer pressure for a SOTD pic. I could do that, but I take them right before I shave so at 5:45 you're just getting the stuff sitting on my counter or the corner of the shower.
Hey that's pretty much what I do. If nothing else it helps me remember what I used that day since I tend to post a good while after my shave

2019 shave #76 (DE:36 SE:18 Str:22 Cart:0) - 225 days of consecutive shaving
RazoRock Hawk V2 w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Sorrentino Oregon State
A&E Wake the F Up
Alum
Witch Hazel
Penhaligon’s Satorial

My plan was to leave the house early to take the girls to a women in science education day so I needed a quicker shave but didn’t want to use a DE. The Hawk is good for that. Easy to use and you don’t need to concentrate like the RX. I like this soap. It could have a better name, but at least the cover is presentable. The scent isn’t straight out coffee. The oud makes is dark and complex. It’s been a while a soap has made me think about what I smell in it and I enjoyed the layers and richness to it. It’s defiantly more of a cold weather scent.

My wife ended up taking the girls so I brought the car to a super charger. I normally charge at home, but I knew we would be around this weekend, so I didn’t charge all week and now I’m sitting here getting the equivalent of free gas. Watched the end of Kyle’s nut challenge and just catching up on the forums.

That’s quite the graphic on that soap! So there are charging stations scattered about which sounds great! Can you watch YouTube on the monitor in the car?

@Majorrich yes sir. Superchargers are all over th country. They charge much faster than you can at home and are intended for road trips so you can stop for a quick charge and keep going. But around major urban areas people that live in apartments have no choice but to use them. And people like me that have free supercharging for life use them to save a little $. Here’s a video from the first time I went there.

Those car charging stations are a great idea and look pretty cool. That seems to be one of the biggest problems wth electric cars, but we are still living in the Stone Age using "Fossil Fuels" hahaha the concept of electric cars or Hydrogen is cool.

Back