The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Yesterday's shave:

2019 shave #69 (DE:34 SE:16 Str:19 Cart:0) - 218 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Basting brush
TOBS Jermyn Street
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
TOBS Jermyn Street AS
TOBS Jermyn Street EdP

Video posted

2019 shave #70 (DE:35 SE:16 Str:19 Cart:0) - 219 days of consecutive shaving
Super Speed w/ Feather (1)
Paladin Harlequin Sherlock
Saponificio Verasino Manna di Sicilia
Alum
Witch Hazel
Saponificio Verasino Manna di Sicilia AS

Nice mild and BBS shave from ye ole Super Speed. Pulled out an SV soap that doesn't get much game time. These SV soaps rock! Nice rich lather and all the protection that anyone needs. I just need to get over my mental block of not using soaps that need to be bloomed.

Yesterday's shave:

2019 shave #69 (DE:34 SE:16 Str:19 Cart:0) - 218 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Basting brush
TOBS Jermyn Street
Alum
Witch Hazel
TOBS Jermyn Street AS
TOBS Jermyn Street EdP

Video posted
BOO!!!!!!!!! Posting yesterdays today. went looking for another video................................

BOO!!!!!!!!! Posting yesterdays today. went looking for another video................................
Sorry man. I cut and paste to do my SOTD and find that a pain in the tuckus on the phone. So on the weekends I run behind on that.

Apparently everything about you escapes me :ROFLMAO:(y)
I am after, an enigmatic man. I enjoy that my teams win, but don’t watch them. I can’t figure it out myself. I usually Like to hear when UK wins, having spent a lot of time with my Granmother in Lexington. (And nearly no one knows about Transylvania College)

I actually like blooming soaps. The ones I have to bloom typically perform phenomenal and last forever. The ones I don’t have too typically perform well and get better with a tiny bloom.

2019 shave #71 (DE:36 SE:16 Str:19 Cart:0) - 220 days of consecutive shaving
Super Speed w/ Feather (2)
Paladin Vintage Port Cleo
Strop Shoppe Russian Tea
Alum
Witch Hazel
Marc-Antoine B683

I shaved a little late yesterday, so the whiskers were a little shorter than normal today. I really should be getting back to a straight of some sort, but I grabbed the Super Speed for another beautiful shave with a lovely soap.

Seeing blue skies this morning for the first time in a while! Though I didn't enjoy going back to getting dressed by the phone flashlight. I agree with @Cvargo California voted to do away with this time change. But apparently they need to write a bill for it, then it need to pass Congress?

Back