The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2019 shave #53 (DE:26 SE:11 Str:16 Cart:0) - 202 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Sorrentino Chess Piece
Sapone Di Paolo Bosco
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Edymion EdC

Reached for the Di Paolo again, though this is probably the least favorites that I have. I actually thought Chad might like this one. Not a slam, but just given what scents he likes that I usually don't. I do get some dryer sheet from this one. Great performance though. And I'm riding tall with the Endymion after a BBS shave from the SS.

For about the last 4-5 years at work, I've been encouraged to pursue the director role. I haven't really been interested, but it's coming around again with my director leaving at the end of the month. I met wi
th her boss yesterday and I'll just say I'm less resistant that I have been in the past. I do miss having expanded responsibility and authority and having a staff to manage, but then comes the longer hours and 24hr call for the hospital in rotation with the other senior leaders. The next few months will be interesting as I get to take on more to cover the gap.

Congrats on being sought after for upper management! That’s quite a testament! I hope it continues to lead to your happiness, whatever you decide on it.

Well, I can talk much more knowledgeably about cigars. I smoked cigars for a good while until I met my wife and she hated them. Have had a few on occasion since when we're on trips. Over at B&B a guy was thinning his collection of pipes and I decided to give that a shot after a failed attempt to learn to smoke one in college. Got a little obsessed as this group is known to do and ended up with 8 pipes and many tins of tobacco.

I couldn't really say what I'm into as I haven't had a lot of experience yet. I know I like English blends. I'm restricted to smoking outside, so not really into the flavored stuff. I'm excited to open up a tin of Frog Morton's Cellar, but I need to work through the stuff I already have open. I do agree cigars are much easier, but I like the look of a nice pipe. I think I've decided to fill the humidor up again too. There have been times when I've wanted to go out for a smoke, but didn't want to deal with the pipe. A nice Connecticut Shade wrapped cigar is probably my favorite. Nat Sherman, H. Uppman, Arturo Fuente were some of my go tos.

I’ve always been interested in pipe smoking. My dad used to keep an old can of cured tobacco just for kicks and we had a very close family friend who was known to sit in his armchair some evening and light a pipe to relax. The rich aroma was always intoxicating for both. A decent cigar is good too, but pipe is just on another level it seems like. But if shaving is expensive...pipe is also on another level there too lol!

Congrats on being sought after for upper management! That’s quite a testament! I hope it continues to lead to your happiness, whatever you decide on it.
I’ve always been interested in pipe smoking. My dad used to keep an old can of cured tobacco just for kicks and we had a very close family friend who was known to sit in his armchair some evening and light a pipe to relax. The rich aroma was always intoxicating for both. A decent cigar is good too, but pipe is just on another level it seems like. But if shaving is expensive...pipe is also on another level there too lol!
Probably what kept him from stocking Paladins back then

Why does it serm to come available fairly frequent? Nice shave topping you enabler !!!
1f602.png
There seems to be a local position open every 2-3 years or so. Most people in that position move up when possible. Bigger hospital or a promotion. My boss is just sliding sideways to the director of nursing.

There seems to be a local position open every 2-3 years or so. Most people in that position move up when possible. Bigger hospital or a promotion. My boss is just sliding sideways to the director of nursing.
I hope you get what will be best for you and yours happiness man

Playing catch up, I have always liked the look of pipes but have never tried one. I really like the way the churchwardens look.

and i hope you get the promotion if you want it and if not i hope you get a decent new boss!

Just caught up Dave. If the move up is something that you want, I say go for it. It seems like they have enough faith in you to let you cover the gap, so if it’s something you want to do moving forward I’m sure you’d be a front runner for the position. Good luck with whatever decision you make buddy!

Thank you for the all the comments guys. The next few months should be interesting.

2019 shave #54 (DE:26 SE:12 Str:16 Cart:0) - 203 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (6?)
Shavemac 21mm finest
PdP 63
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

I traded for this little brush some time ago, but it's just been sitting on my shelf. Finally gave it a whirl. I like small brushes and I can not lie. Well, at least in terms of making the lather it seems easier. No slopping all over the bowl. Easier to make that whisking motion. Though, when I was applying the lather, I did wish for a larger and more plush brush. I didn't think much about the shave and ended up with what is an "ok" shave for the RX. It was BBS all around, but t
he dolphins weren't singing. Guess it's been too cold for them.

I blew past 200 straight days of shaving. I guess there's no special badge for that. On to 300!

The work thing has been occupying my mind. It's been quite a while since I've been excited for something at work, but I'm trying to stay reserved about it. My position has been filled with unfulfilled potential opportunities, so I don't want to get too excited about this one. The people that are around me know I'm ready for the move and have been. But the hospital leadership doesn't have a lot of history with me. And it's in that level of politics and gunning for positions that I refuse to play in. My philosophy has always been, I'm here if you want me for the job. If you don't, I'm cool doing what I do.

Caught up on all the shaves, painting, and jabbing. One question... I found some SW airline tickets around $75 for San Fran to SLC. So what day works for you to come paint my house? I'll pay in beer and wine

Caught up on all the shaves, painting, and jabbing. One question... I found some SW airline tickets around $75 for San Fran to SLC. So what day works for you to come paint my house? I'll pay in beer and wine
You can't afford his wine..................................of wait, forgot about the raise.......?

Back