The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2019 shave #57 (DE:27 SE:13 Str:17 Cart:0) - 206 days of consecutive shaving
Russian razor w/ Voskhod (1)
Stirling synth
Stirling Kaboom
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Spice Bomb

Been thinking about that crazy Russian razor for a while and it's number finally came. And maybe for the last time. Shave ended fine. BBS all around. It just wasn't enjoyable to use. Talk about loud, that thin metal plate inside must create an amplification chamber and allows for plenty of blade vi
bration. I will move the Voskhod around to other razor to get more experience with it. And I maintain that only if you squint and don't know what Spice Bomb smells like, does this soap smell like it. Maybe it's the chemistry with soaps and what you can use with them, but it does smell just like the other ones that are supposed to replicate it as well.

I was told that I'm "officially" the Interim Director. More of a title without authority. But it is a step in the right direction. So, I'm headed out of town for a meeting in a shirt and tie for the first time in a very long time.

2019 shave #57 (DE:27 SE:13 Str:17 Cart:0) - 206 days of consecutive shaving
Russian razor w/ Voskhod (1)
Stirling synth
Stirling Kaboom
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Spice Bomb

Been thinking about that crazy Russian razor for a while and it's number finally came. And maybe for the last time. Shave ended fine. BBS all around. It just wasn't enjoyable to use. Talk about loud, that thin metal plate inside must create
an amplification chamber and allows for plenty of blade vibration. I will move the Voskhod around to other razor to get more experience with it. And I maintain that only if you squint and don't know what Spice Bomb smells like, does this soap smell like it. Maybe it's the chemistry with soaps and what you can use with them, but it does smell just like the other ones that are supposed to replicate it as well.

I was told that I'm "officially" the Interim Director. More of a title without authority. But it is a step in the right direction. So, I'm headed out of town for a meeting in a shirt and tie for the first time in a very long time.
Um, selfie time

So I assume that means you’ve moved ahead with the promotion, excellent!
1f60e.png

So... Which Dave just got the promotion? Great News and happy days for the promotion Dave!

So... Which Dave just got the promotion? Great News and happy days for the promotion Dave!
So I assume that means you’ve moved ahead with the promotion, excellent!
1f60e.png
Well, I suppose I did. Just kind of happened. But this is certainly not the same as getting the actual job. It’s going to be one of those things where I have enough experience and can do the job, but on paper my education looks thin. So right now I think it’s probably 50/50.

Back