The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Coming from you, I’d assume a motorcycle. Although I don’t think you’re a Harley guy....
I rode too much and too far to ride a Harley but my Valkyries are known as "The Dragon" and the "Fat Lady"
I have this banner in my shop that was their ad at the time. I'm looking for a pic comparing the Fat Lady to a Fat Boy.

How ‘bout this guy? Of course he should stand closer to his razor...

A cousin?
1f602.png

Thanks guys. Now I’m just looking forward to a day of rela....what? Work again?

2019 shave #51 (DE:26 SE:10 Str:15 Cart:0) - 200 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Stirling synth
Razor Master Toivo
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
GTB EdP

Decided to open the most powerfully scented soap I own. This decision isn't taken lightly gentlemen. But it's been a while, and it's been cold for a while. So I treated myself to the smell of campfire. It started the way I have known it to smell, but then I started getting notes of kerosene. That's a little too stringent for me. I know there is actual tar in this soap and I'm wondering if that's aging and breaking down into something that smells like this? I certainly hope not! I do still need to pick-up a tub of Campfire from WCS I believe it is.

Shave itself went very well. Ended up with a dry down BBS with no clean-up at all. No alum sting.

Today I'm basically sitting here zoned out. Tired. Things are shaping up at home. Room looks nice with everything back in it. Well, with stuff back in it. If we can keep from putting EVERYTHING back in, it will look better. I'm wall mounting some pendant lights next to the bed that I'm excited about. I need to cut the wiring to get it through the brackets I'm using. So last minute I decided to just rewire without a switch and make the two lamps and a floor lamp remote control and mount the remote to the back of the headboard with magnets. Should be pretty cool.

Remote control lamps? Sign me up!

I recently got a sample of Stirling’s Texas On Fire soap and AS. Haven’t used it yet but it definitely smells like a bonfire!

Back