The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

1f648.png

What else does one do when vacuuming?

Glad things shaped up nicely for you! The room looks good and I like the colors. I LOVE that nice big window in that room!

2019 shave #52 (DE:26 SE:11 Str:15 Cart:0) - 201 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Custom synth
Sapone Di Paolo Agrume
Alum
Witch Hazel
Sapone Di Paolo Agrume balm

Repeat after me why, don't, I, use, this, soap, more, often. I forgot what a good performer the Sapone Di Paolo soaps are. Nice rich lather and great performance all around. Very nice scent as well. I had one of their balms before and it didn't soak in as I would like. Decided to try another and same thing. Plus, the scent doesn't really stick around. So good soap, blah balm.

Wife is out of town for the day. Flew out early and back tonight, but that meant I was up earlier and to work later. My daughter was out at a
concert late with her mom, so we got to bed late as well. Chalk up another zoned out day. On a side note, it's been way too long since I've fired up a pipe. Before November I think. I need to get out there. Plus I have my new lighter from the trainer of safety cats I haven't gotten to use yet. I'm tellin' ya. I really was born to be retired.

Pendant lights like that would solve our cats-tipping-everything-on-the-table-over problem. Looks great Dave!

On a side note, it's been way too long since I've fired up a pipe. Before November I think. I need to get out there. Plus I have my new lighter from the trainer of safety cats I haven't gotten to use yet.

I have an older model of that same lighter. I love having that built-in tamper! What kinds of tobacco do you like? I’m kind of an Escudo fan myself.

Pipe smoker huh? I’m a cigar man myself. Way too cold here right now to stand outside for that though haha!
I have an older model of that same lighter. I love having that built-in tamper! What kinds of tobacco do you like? I’m kind of an Escudo fan myself.
Well, I can talk much more knowledgeably about cigars. I smoked cigars for a good while until I met my wife and she hated them. Have had a few on occasion since when we're on trips. Over at B&B a guy was thinning his collection of pipes and I decided to give that a shot after a failed attempt to learn to smoke one in college. Got a little obsessed as this group is known to do and ended up with 8 pipes and many tins of tobacco.

I couldn't really say what I'm into as I haven't had a lot of experience yet. I know I like English blends. I'm restricted to smoking outside, so not really into the flavored stuff. I'm excited to open up a tin of Frog Morton's Cellar, but I need to work through the stuff I already have open. I do agree cigars are much easier, but I like the look of a nice pipe. I think I've decided to fill the humidor up again too. There have been times when I've wanted to go out for a smoke, but didn't want to deal with the pipe. A nice Connecticut Shade wrapped cigar is probably my favorite. Nat Sherman, H. Uppman, Arturo Fuente were some of my go tos.

Back