The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2019 shave #48 (DE:25 SE:9 Str:14 Cart:0) - 197 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (2)
#2 brush
Chiseled Face Cinnawood Boroka
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Chiseled Face Cinnawood Boroka AS

Well, there's a video of the $2 brush. I will say, I expected the bristles to be sharper than they were, but not a brush I'll be using again.

Almost time for bed and just getting to sit down. Have most of the stuff out of the bedroom and got a lot of the edging painting done. Had to go pick-up two of the girls out of town and when we were leaving, I discovered what the thud noise we heard last night was. Spring on the garage door is broken. Called and scheduled someone tomorrow morning to fix it. If I didn't need to deal with the bedroom this weekend I might YouTube it and see if I thought I could replace it myself. But as it is, I'll be happy to have it working again quickly.

Dude...do you ever stop painting? Seems like every time you start doing something, it begins with painting...or ends with it...you know what I mean. Hopefully today will be a little more relaxing!

Trust me, you don’t want to replace a garage door spring yourself. Those doors are heavy as heck and on a hair trigger balance. One wrong move and it all comes crashing down. Growing up with a flip up garage door we often ended up changing the springs ourselves, heck they had the springs for sale at the hardware stores. Now you have to order them and it costs near;y as much to order one as it does to have the garage door guys come swap out springs and do a tune up.

An an I agree with Don, it really does seem like you never stop painting. I twitch whenever the thought of painting enters my wife’s mind.

2019 shave #49 (DE:26 SE:9 Str:14 Cart:0) - 198 days of consecutive shaving
Super Speed w/ Feather (3)
Razorock synth
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes EdC

Heh, love you guys. Yep. A lot of painting. But the wine room is painted. The outside of the house is painted. The oldest girl’s room is painted. Now the rest of the inside of the house is painted except for a wall in the dining room that needs a wine fridge emptied to do and the last bed room with needs two messy girls evicted first. New carpet comes tomorrow morning, then everything goes back in.

I had 25 min between finishing painting and the garage guy coming to shower, shave and have lunch. So it was a real world quick shave scenario. I thought there’s probably nothing faster than a Super Speed. Hmm, maybe the SR-71. Oh well. Just did a 2 passer that ended up DFS+.

Dude...do you ever stop painting? Seems like every time you start doing something, it begins with painting...or ends with it...you know what I mean. Hopefully today will be a little more relaxing!
I go to work to relax :/

I ‘ve definitely been there with the quick shave. Sometimes you have to cut it short with a 2 passer, but I’ve had some 2 pass shaves that have been great...probably not happening with my current blade challenge going on though.

2019 shave #50 (DE:26 SE:10 Str:14 Cart:0) - 199 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum “The Doctor” RX w/ Feather Proguard (4)
SV 2.0
Nuavia Ross’s
Alum
Witch Hazel

This is my “Luxury Shave” per the thread asking for date night shave and luxury shave

You noticed I included the word razor..... I had thoughts of where you guys would take it.

1f602.png

Back