The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Hope you get some R&R soon Dave. Must be time for an Assured and water only shave to spice things up!
1f606.png

2019 shave #37 (DE:19 SE:8 Str:11 Cart:0) - 187 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (2)
Razorock synth
CBl Pineapple Cilantro
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Satorial EdT

I would like to balance out the DEs with the SEs and straights a bit more, but I just decided I wanted a nice basic shave. Went with the winner of the DE shave-off and got just that. The 6S sure is a winner when it comes to smooth and efficient.

2019 shave #38 (DE:20 SE:8 Str:11 Cart:0) - 188 days of consecutive shaving
Timeless w/ Wilkinson Sword (1)
Pilssoft knot in Shave Revolution handle
Storybook Soapworks Visions and Revisions
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Storybook Soapworks Visions and Revisions AS

Did KJ's stunt shave for the month. Opposite day. Yep, everything felt awkward. Whipping up the lather was rough. It was more like slopping the brush around and hoping for the best. The shave went fairly well, but concentrating on just where the razor was and the angle of the head meant that concentrating on pressure took a back seat. Ended up with a nice BBS, but my neck was lit up with alum. It took me back to the first days of shaving with a safety razor and when nothing was natural and it was all thought out and nothing was natural.

I thought that was just his response to it being awkward......

Back