The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Didn't realize I forgot to post yesterday's shave. Video posted

2019 shave #29 (DE:17 SE:4 Str:8 Cart:0) - 179 days of consecutive shaving
Dollar store razor w/ Assured (3)
Sorrentino Oregon State
Storybook Soapworks Hallward's Dream
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Storybook Soapworks Hallward's Dream AS

2019 shave #30 (DE:17 SE:5 Str:8 Cart:0) - 180 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Paladin Vintage Port Cleo
Oz Shaving Foxville
Alum
Witch Hazel
Atelier Cologne Philtre Ceylan pure perfume

Well Kate was calling out to me too, but TJ won't let me use her, so I grabbed The Doctor. What a novel idea compared to the dollar razor. Use an actually sharp blade, and hold it still. I thin
k they are really on to something here. It was my first use of Foxville, where I got more of the citrus and less of a darkness and spice. It wasn't the cold weather scent I would have hoped for from the description. It's nice to be back to ye ole BBS.

I thought you might miss the whisker collision alarm system. Great for shaving in the dark!

I thought you might miss the whisker collision alarm system. Great for shaving in the dark!
I agree, that's a great feature for sure. I guess I'm just more a bare bones type of shaver that doesn't want all the bells and whistles

You’ve obviously dropped the 2 a day shaves. Miss it much? Not going to go for 730 shaves in a year?

You’ve obviously dropped the 2 a day shaves. Miss it much? Not going to go for 730 shaves in a year?
Ha!! That was only a few times. I actually thought of it after one of the $1 shaves because my face was rough, but I didn't want to irritate it knowing I had another $1 shave the next morning.

2019 shave #31 (DE:17 SE:5 Str:9 Cart:0) - 181 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Paladin Brush of Shame
Siliski Citrus
Alum
Witch Hazel
Truefitt and Hill West Indian Lime EdP

I figured a waiting a day after the $1 razor it should be safe to return to the SS. What a pleasure it was to shave with it today. Nice and smooth. Thought I might have pulled off a BBS with it, but did need a couple t
ouch up strokes. That's cool. No alum sting. I also decided to play contrary to the grey/rainy weather and citrus it up today. Smelling good.

Have some busyness coming up. The house is pretty much a disaster with interior painting in slow progress and items from the destroyed shed still being stored all over. The replacement shed made it into California from the east coast a day ago. So I'm hoping I get a call for delivery on that soon, which will then involve a day of moving and assembly. Electrician is finally scheduled to come Saturday morning which will involve me being up earlier to clear out all the stuff being stored where he needs to work. And currently I'm 80% sure I'm going to take tomorrow off to stay home and complete the painting in the hallway and few major walls so the wife sees some things being finished. Might just catch a football game on Sunday though.

Hey I’m going to take tomorrow off too. But I may boycott busyness.
Playing hours of Red Dead also crossed my mind. But that requires Cool Ranch Doritos and milk, so I would have to go shopping.

Hey, I could use a hand and I hear you're off on Mondays
1f609.png

Yea sure, bring your house and shed on up!
1f60f.png

One of of these days, I will have to make the trip.

2019 shave #32 (DE:17 SE:5 Str:10 Cart:0) - 182 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (5)
?
?
Alum
Witch Hazel

2019 shave #33 (DE:17 SE:6 Str:10 Cart:0) - 183 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (4)
RazoRock synth
Siliski Citrus
Alum
Witch Hazel
C.O. Bigelow Mandarin Oak

2019 shave #34 (DE:18 SE:7 Str:10 Cart:0) - 184 days of consecutive shaving
THB SR-71 w/ Feather (3)
Sorrentino Chess Piece
Captiain's Choice Bay Rum
Alum
Witch Hazel
Never More Sherlock AS

There, caught up. As TJ would say, I've been working as hard as a dog fightin' a homeless man for a hot dog. Got the painting done on Friday. Just one more area to go but we have to empty a wine fridge for that. Then yesterday was putting together the shed in a combination of off/on rain and wind. Also had the electrician here. It took all day but just as it was getting dark I got the door on. Started to move stuff in today, but the rain isn't cooperating. Been doing other chores this morning. It's noon now and I'm hoping to call it quits for the day and catch up on all you jokers.

There, caught up. As TJ would say, I've been working as hard as a dog fightin' a homeless man for a hot dog. Got the painting done on Friday. Just one more area to go but we have to empty a wine fridge for that. Then yesterday was putting together the shed in a combination of off/on rain and wind. Also had the electrician here. It took all day but just as it was getting dark I got the door on. Started to move stuff in today, but the rain isn't cooperating. Been doing other chores this morning. It's noon now and I'm hoping to call it quits for the day and catch up on all you jokers.

Wow, now that's a productive weekend!

Back