The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Good job Dave! Keep setting the bar high for men everywhere...
1f615.png

You do know, once you set a level of expectation, they expect you to do it on a regular basis. I prefer to keep her expectations low so I am a star when I do. LOL

Guess it comes and goes. Next weekend is and overnight trip to Napa.

Nice stuff. I need to look into this ??? Brand never heard of it

Nice stuff. I need to look into this ??? Brand never heard of it
I know right? So many new vendors out there! I actually half remember what soap I used that day. It was one I got for free with my last order that smells like dirt. Now I just have to take a pic of it to tell you the name!

2019 shave #35 (DE:18 SE:7 Str:11 Cart:0) - 185 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Stirling synth
GTB
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
GTB AS
GTB EdP

It was time, for GTB. Thought about what Chris mentioned about all my strokes. I realize I do that with every razor. I can't just do one stroke in one area and get total whisker reduction. Even with the RX.

Well back to work today. Nice to have an excuse to not be doing something physical, but oddly unproductive feeling.

I think my comment to Steve was more about reducing strokes, not that you can’t go over an area a couple times a pass, but at least consciously making the effort to not do it a ton of times, especially if irritation is an issue.

Have a good day at work Dave!

I think my comment to Steve was more about reducing strokes, not that you can’t go over an area a couple times a pass, but at least consciously making the effort to not do it a ton of times, especially if irritation is an issue.

Have a good day at work Dave!
No, not that Chris. The other Chris.

The cover photo for the video is perfect.
I think you should get the Super Dave award, with all those buffing strokes you did about 1200 passes The razor can't be THAT bad if you dont remove your face with 1200 passes.

That soap I used was Shaver Heaven - The Lodge. I would say it's performance is middle of the road. Think Stirling. And the scent is supposed to be wood and earth. All I got was dirt. So it will likely end up in someone else's hands to see if they can get the wood scent.

Well back to work today. Nice to have an excuse to not be doing something physical, but oddly unproductive feeling.

I know that feeling. I spend about half my day behind a desk when at work, and sometimes if feels like I'm getting nothing accomplished.

2019 shave #36 (DE:18 SE:8 Str:11 Cart:0) - 186 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (3)
SV 2.0
Oleo Soapworks New City
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Atelier Vetiver Fatal pure perfume

Well, here we are again. Kinda in a shaving funk I feel. Instead of being excited about the shave, when I'm picking out my stuff it's more of a "who cares?". I think I'm just tired in general and want a little break.

Back