The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2019 shave #25 (DE:14 SE:3 Str:8 Cart:0) - 175 days of consecutive shaving
Timeless w/ Wilkinson Sword (3)
Plisoft knot in Shave Revolution handle
Captain's Choice Venture
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Opus 1870

This was a quick shave for the challenge. Ended up BBS, but there is no fun in shave town when you're just doing it as a chore. Interesting what a big difference a couple of minutes can make.

I'm get
ting bummed about those couple of days I couldn't shave last year. If not for those, I'd have a boatload of consecutive shaving days piled up.

Yea, I definitely missed my luxuriating shave this morning. Most days, I’m willing to wake up that much earlier to get it done the way I want, if needed.

Coming up on your 200 consecutive days shaving token!

Saturday shave:

2019 shave #26 (DE:14 SE:4 Str:8 Cart:0) - 176 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (1)
?
?
Alum
Witch Hazel

Sunday shave

2019 shave #27 (DE:15 SE:4 Str:8 Cart:0) - 177 days of consecutive shaving
Dollar store razor w/ Assured (1)
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
PannaCrema Nuavia Rossa
Alum
Witch Hazel

2019 shave #28 (DE:16 SE:4 Str:8 Cart:0) - 178 days of consecutive shaving
Dollar store razor w/ Assured (2)
Sorrentino Chess Piece
A&E Warriors of Howling Fjord
Alum
Witch Hazel

My first dollar razor shave was captured on video for all to enjoy. Today it was a quick slide downhill. With the first pass I thought things were better than yesterday. It seemed like the blade was smoother and I was actually getting a good(ish) shave. Come the second pass start the roughness and some tugging and come t
he third pass I was getting flashbacks of Graham Field. There was less alum sting than I was expecting and I got BBS on the cheeks and DFS+ on the neck. I would have like to have a couple clean up stokes from the Timeless on my neck, but at the time I was assuming I would be lit up like a forest fire.

Busy weekend back on the ranch. Made a trip to the dump, washed the car, sealed the tile in the shower and got a lot of edge trim painting done. I'm ready for a day off!

Sounds like a productively busy weekend! At least you had the shave to help...oh, nope, never mind.
1f60b.png

Back